GasCans 2006 Personal Geocoin

wsgaskins

Announcing:

GasCans2006-V02-coinimg-large.jpg

GasCans 2006 Geocoin

(click this weblink for a page and then click the picture again for a closeup view)

• Edition of 180 Black Nickel Numbered/Trackable coins / 150 available for sale

• Height: 1.75"

• Thickness 3.5mm

• Custom Shape

• 2D with color front and back w/ epoxy coating.

• Trackable on Geocaching.com

• Custom Icon (not yet completed, but coming soon!)

• Handle has a hole (for attaching tag or mounting to your favorite Jeep Travel Bug)

The front has the official Groundspeak logo and the coin Tracking number, along with the standard usage warnings for Cache Fuel.

The back side image is my log-book signature and an specific warning about caching during a thunderstorm.

Black Nickel for $ 8.00

Shipping: $ 2.00 / .50 (each add'l item) to US Addresses.

(This is my first geocoin, so I still need to figure out international shipping... please bear with me!)

Also available are just a few remaining limited edition Gold and Silver versions. See the web page link above for details on those quantities.

If you are interested in reserving one a copy please send an email to wsgaskins @ gmail . com or via my profile. I'll send a quick note back to those who reserve and update the available quantities on my webpage as often as I can.

I expect delivery in early to mid November. I will post a sample coin photo as soon as I get one!

IMPORTANT

I saw this on another thread, and I really like the idea, so here goes:

Please copy and paste this into the body of the email;

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Qty Black Nickel to Reserve:

-- Scott (wsgaskins)

Thanks to all who have made a reservation! I didn't know what to expect for my first coin, but the responses from all of you have been very encouraging.

I'm almost out of the Gold and Silver LE coins, though. I am going to reply in chronological order to everyone who emailed me. If the coins you wanted are available, I'll let you know in my reply. When I get through digging out from the loads of email, I'll update my quantities available on my webpage.

I expect to have a coin sample photo in the middle of the 2nd week of October, because apparently the coin mint is on vacation for 3 days next week. Then I should have coins in hand by the end of October. [:laughing:]

After I get all the coins in hand and I get orders straightened out, I'll email each person at that time for payment. I will be doing international shipment, but I'll have to talk to a few other experienced coin traders so that I can gather all the important details about shipping internationally.

-- Scott G. (wsgaskins)

Announcing:

GasCans2006-V02-coinimg-large.jpg

GasCans 2006 Geocoin

(click this weblink for a page and then click the picture again for a closeup view)

• Edition of 180 Black Nickel Numbered/Trackable coins / 150 available for sale

• Height: 1.75"

• Thickness 3.5mm

• Custom Shape

• 2D with color front and back w/ epoxy coating.

• Trackable on Geocaching.com

• Custom Icon (not yet completed, but coming soon!)

• Handle has a hole (for attaching tag or mounting to your favorite Jeep Travel Bug)

The front has the official Groundspeak logo and the coin Tracking number, along with the standard usage warnings for Cache Fuel.

The back side image is my log-book signature and an specific warning about caching during a thunderstorm.

Black Nickel for $ 8.00

Shipping: $ 2.00 / .50 (each add'l item) to US Addresses.

(This is my first geocoin, so I still need to figure out international shipping... please bear with me!)

Also available are just a few remaining limited edition Gold and Silver versions. See the web page link above for details on those quantities.

If you are interested in reserving one a copy please send an email to wsgaskins @ gmail . com or via my profile. I'll send a quick note back to those who reserve and update the available quantities on my webpage as often as I can.

I expect delivery in early to mid November. I will post a sample coin photo as soon as I get one!

IMPORTANT

I saw this on another thread, and I really like the idea, so here goes:

Please copy and paste this into the body of the email;

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Qty Black Nickel to Reserve:

-- Scott (wsgaskins)

Scott can you confirm that you recieved my e-mail order

Thanks

Tim Slaby

SlabyFam

email sent for 2, thanks

Humbird7,

I did not receive your email....

If anyone else out there has sent me a reservation and *not* gotten a reply from me that I have recorded their reservation, then please let me know -- either through a quick reply to this forum, or via email to the address listed openly in my profile. (I prefer email)

I only have 12 Black Nickel finish coins left for reservation!

I've started looking at trades as well, and I'll let you know that I am particularly interested in building a collection of coins that have representations of machines, machinery, buildings, mechanisms, gadgets, etc. I've only got a very few coins that I'm keeping for the purpose of trading, but I'd love to hear if you have something to offer.

You guys are great with all the quick and overwhelmingly positive response! Now I have nothing to do for the next few weeks except ponder my next coin design... :D

Oh, yeah, that and buy shipping supplies, labels, printer ink, tape, cut up cardboard squares, test out Paypal, get an icon approved, ..., ... ! :D

Thanks,

Scott Gaskins

Sample Photos!

6PGE-00024-1-full.jpg6PGE-00024-2-full.jpg

GasCans 2006 Geocoins

The coins are coming along. Just waiting for tracking numbers to be delivered so that the coins can be shipped. I still am crossing my fingers for delivery by late next week, but it looks more likely that they will not arrive at my doorstep until the last week of October. I'm hoping that the issues that I've been reading about with icons being associated with tracking numbers will not hinder or delay this process.

As I stated in all of my replies to people who emailed me for a reservation, I will begin to PayPal invoice people once I get the coins in my hands and I'm actually ready to ship them out. I understand now that this is somewhat odd for the pre-sale of geocoins, and some people have requested that I go ahead and invoice them immediately. If you have a reservation and you want an invoice now, then by all means, please let me know and I'll collect your money now. :unsure:

-- Scott Gaskins (wsgaskins)

Thank you to everyone who sent me email with a reservation request.

With all the 'early bird' winners around the forums these days, I'm going to announce a 'late-sleeper' kind of winner... :laughing:

Most people who ordered early were the ones who reserved all of the available Gold and Silver variety of the 2006 GasCans. But it turns out due to an error in the mint-order, they produced only Black Nickel variety. So I am going to receive all of the Black Nickel coins that I ordered (180) in the next few days, but no Gold/Silver/Copper coins :unsure:.

When I have sorted out all the coins, I'll start sending invoices to people who reserved a set of *ONLY* Black Nickel variety. I'll ship the first coins to the first people who pay their invoice. Then I'll send invoices to people who ordered Black Nickel + Gold/Silver coins along with a comment that I will not be able to ship their coins until the 2nd week in November (fingers crossed!) when the Gold & Silver versions are delivered to me.

Sorry for the mix up and the delay!

But to reward the 14 people who were 'late sleepers' and missed out on the LE Gold/LE Silver reservations but did indicate in their original email to me that they wanted to be put on the waiting list for an LE coin, I will be giving you an additional *free* Black Nickel variety GasCans coin to be shipped with your order. I'd like to see some of these get released to travel, but they are yours to do with as you wish. And, of course, if some LE coins go un-paid, you guys will get first dibs...

1. The Dream Cachers
  2. Launchn
  3. rasj
  4. oshndoc
  5. Big JohnP
  6. DLiming
  7. The Moop Along
  8. RattlingCrew
  9. Freespirit1402
  10. TeamLegend4
  11. RRReed (sorry - I don't have your GeoNick)
  12. baelrati
  13. Stuck on WGS84
  14. GoBolts!

Invoice paid. Wish I would would have known about the different metals. Must have missed that somehow. Definitely would have bought 2 of each metal at least.

Oh well. IMO, This is still one of the most original and best personal coins I've seen out there... can't wait to get ours in the mail!

Ok, I believe that I've invoiced everyone who ordered just the Black Nickel version.

I've shipped the dozen or so of them that paid before I left the house this morning, but the rest (of the paid invoices or trades) will probably ship early next week (I'll be out of town for the weekend).

Next, I will invoice those people who reserved a mix of Black Nickel and the LE Gold or LE Silver coins. As I noted in an earlier post, I don't have these coins in hand right now, but I need to know who is gonna pay so that I can let those on the 'waiting list' know if they can get what they requested. :)

So those who are 'wait listed' will get invoices in about 10 days, I'd expect.

I have been assured by the minter that these additional LE metals will be available in early November. (fingers crossed!)

Thanks to everyone for making my first Personal Geocoin experience a wonderful one! :D

And check out my good friend, and Team GasMain caching partner, Maingray, who has the very first activated GasCan2006 coin: TB1A65R:P