US & Canada United We Stand coin

islander1988

If I were a potential bidder that's expecting this product to ship out at the end of the auction, I'd hope to see something more tangible than the artwork.

Perhaps if the seller sees this thread, and can take some constructive criticism, he/she might consider providing some better evidence that the coin exists.

Ten of these coins in a single lot cost more than ten purchased separately.

I sent the seller the following:

=====================

Hello,

At $5.99 each, a set of 10 without a discount would be $59.90. Usually a set of ten goes for less than 10 times the cost of one coin. Why is yours more?

Do you have an actual photo of the coin instead of just artwork?

=====================

I will post later if I receive a reply.

Hi, I am the seller.

The previous post is correct that I do not have the coin yet. I guess I got a little hasty in putting on ebay. Will do my best to remove until I have it and or contact the bidders if there is an issue with shipping it.

I can take feed back and have. Thank you all for yours.

By the way the artwork was something I have used before. My wife is Canadian and I'm an American.

Are there any other questions I can answer for anyone?

Again I appologize if I stepped into this backwards as it appears I have. I have removed the items from auction and will post on this site when I have the coins along with pictures and such.

I was not trying to mislead anyone or create such an issue as it appears I have. Thanks you all for your feed back.

Would it be appropriate to post something in this forum regarding presales or any thing like I see the the United We Caching coin? Or should I just wait.

Again, not try to mess things up for people.

Again I appologize if I stepped into this backwards as it appears I have. I have removed the items from auction and will post on this site when I have the coins along with pictures and such.

I was not trying to mislead anyone or create such an issue as it appears I have. Thanks you all for your feed back.

Would it be appropriate to post something in this forum regarding presales or any thing like I see the the United We Caching coin? Or should I just wait.

Again, not try to mess things up for people.

N/P from my perspective you did the right thing and again I thank you.

As a Crazy Canuk I love the design and want two if or when you get it up and in circulation. Will fit right into my collection of Canuk coins.

Edited by slippery_1

Would love to see the coin made. It's beautiful. I think you may need to speak with Groundspeak about the logo on the back. They are pretty funny about it being used. maybe you could modify it somehow, so that it would be acceptable. Hope all goes well with it! Would like to have a couple when they are produced!! :)

:rolleyes:

Looks like I'm more on my way now. Received from coin manufacturer...

>Hello Mike,

>Your coin is officially registered at Groundspeak!

>They will be releasing the tracking codes today and your coins will go into production!

>I will keep you informed of the progress, once the factory releases the tracking numbers

>I will forward it onto you.

I am going to wait until I have tracking numbers then will take information to sell direct. I don't want to do this wrong twice :anitongue: .

Steps I will take (feedback is appreciated):

1. Receive tracking numbers

2. Post add in forum for pre-sales (get buyers papal information for invoicing)

3. Receive coins post image in forum (so everyone knows I'm legit)

4. Invoice those interested in purchasing

5. Receive payment and ship within 3 days

I hope this is the right way. I took someones advise and looked through the forum. Seems like it is done this way.

Just got off phone with mfg and they indicated that Groundspeak had looked at and approved the artwork. They got a letter stating such and that the tracking numbers would be released today.

The mfg uses this letter as an indicator that they can begin production and have done so. The mfg will deliver coin in 14-17 days including shipping.

Again, I am just waiting till the end of the day for the tracking numbers before I post an add for sale. (choosing the safe side, this time!)

Edited by matwell

Who at Groundspeak approved your artwork? What about your ICON?

Who is minting your coin?

I placed a call to Groundspeak, but was unable to reach someone right now... I would suggest asking the person who approved the artwork to post the approval in here to stave off any concerns...

www.allaboutchallengecoins.com

Thank you for your interest and I understand that colors of the GC logo have been an issue in the past and people are curious if my coin is approved or not because of that. As I said before the mfg received a letter of approval today. I will leave it at that for now. Once I have the tracking numbers I will then post all pertinent information relating to the purchase and minting of the coin.

www.allaboutchallengecoins.com

Thank you for your interest and I understand that colors of the GC logo have been an issue in the past and people are curious if my coin is approved or not because of that. As I said before the mfg received a letter of approval today. I will leave it at that for now. Once I have the tracking numbers I will then post all pertinent information relating to the purchase and minting of the coin.

I wonder with the way this discussion is going if you will ever be able to find any common ground to satisfy everyone here?

You have a great looking coin, and if you have approvales mint them and market them...if they don't want to buy them they won't, but if they do they will come in droves.

My vote is...I'll take 2 like I told you before!

Common ground, I don't think so. I think a number of people are upset my coin was approved with the variation in the logo (including an additional thread regarding just that). With all the debate I am going to do some presales, I may be able to increase my order.

Do you think getting minted in more then one metal is a good idea? I am wondering if I get the following how sales would go:

100 silver (release 75)

100 gold (release 75)

50 ? (release 45)

50 ? (release 45)

Sell in sets of 4 and/or individual?

As before all input is appreciated and listened to…

Don't be too upset about opinions. If you have approval all will work out as you being a ground breaker when it comes to the color issue. Some folks will be happy, some will not.

I think that if your coin flies then your numbers are low as many folks willl want the coin that broke the color mould.

Personally I don't like to see coins sell as sets of four. With shipping to Canada it makes it a little expensive for me to buy four of something. Sets of two work better for us.

Did Groundspeak APPROVE the artwork? You said something to that end earlier.

In the past, they didn't allow ANY manipulation of thier logo (color, for example) which is why I ask.

Well they did allow their logo to be obscured by the mountain on the Vermont coin.

I don't see any nagging or complaining in here. What I see is some surprise from some of the regulars that the logo got approved with the color variation.

With the seller of this coin being fairly new to these boards, compounded with the fact that most here are familiar with the logo guidelines I'm not surprised to see some skepticism based on the issues in the past with other coins (Wyoming being a perfect example).

So, as I said before - I'm waiting to confirm with the folks at Groundspeak that this is in fact approved so that you can hear it from me - if the posts from the seller aren't good enough for you.

Until then, feel free to discuss the design, pricing, etc. - but there's no reason to go on and on about the logo until you hear back from myself, Eartha, or one of the Groundspeak folks.

Clear, eh? ;)

Just heard from Bryan and the coin design has not been approved due to the logo alteration.

The seller has been contacted and I would expect that you'll see a revision posted soon - although that's just speculation on my part.

I'll return this thread to the public now. My job here is done.

- Your humble (and wiggly) servant,

FSM

Well, I have to chime in over here since the other thread on this discussion that brought up the topic of my GasCans coin was closed rather quickly.

I had the same initial concern about the 'X' over the logo, but in my case, the X is intended to represent the stress/pressure relief indentations on a normal Gas Can. And 'X' itself will be done in the base metal with no epoxy coloring. So what you see as an black & gray 'X' on the artwork will really be just raised metal and recessed metal.

I was assured by PersonalGeocoins that this was approved after he sent a copy of my artwork off to Groundspeak... Bryan I'd guess.

-- Scott Gaskins

I don't want to stick my head out here to far being new. but...

Your coin, the We caching coin and a number of other coins being listed do not meet the published policy. Which states:

2. Use of the geocaching.com logo is not required. However, if you wish to use the geocaching.com logo, the “geocaching.com” URL must be included beneath the logo and the ‘circle r’ trademark symbol must appear as part of the logo.

This is what I followed and instructed the mfg to do. By published policy my coin is good. By history and unpublished policy my coin is not.

I don't what to harp on your coin because I think it is cool. Like I said, go to almost any coin being sold right now and they don't conform to #2 in the policy. So I guees there is a published policy which doesn't neccessarily need to be followed and an approval process (unpublished policy) that does.

In the mean time I am trying to sort out the confusion between me, Groundspeak and the mfg. Hopfully I will still get this minted.

Hmm, not sure how true that is. I've seen a lot of coins that hacve had last minute revisions becuase they forgot to add the ® or something similar.

And no compnay will allow you to modify thier logo. Assuming you could get approval from eBay or McDonald's (for example) to produce something with thier logo on it, you wouldn't be able to change the color of thier logo either.

I could see why this MIGHT be confusing since it may not be spelled out in the guidelines there, but here is a link to the logo guidelines which in part say:

All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

Maybe they need to combine the two sections somehow.

Anyway, you sound a bit defensive, or maybe it's just frustrated. I'm sure you can work it out, but don't expect to be able to use the colors you have on there in the end.