2006 Jeep Contest

SeabeckTribe

I have noticed that jeep pictures for the September theme are not being posted. I know we can't vote for any till Oct 1, but I like looking over the pictures as they come in. I have been able to see a few of the entries by going to the Jeep Home Page and then the link for Travel Bug Movements and look for "Submitted Goal" posts. Did I miss something? They must be waiting to post all the entries on Oct 1!

Well... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

At lest I got my picture in for the September theme.

I have noticed that jeep pictures for the September theme are not being posted. I know we can't vote for any till Oct 1, but I like looking over the pictures as they come in. I have been able to see a few of the entries by going to the Jeep Home Page and then the link for Travel Bug Movements and look for "Submitted Goal" posts. Did I miss something? They must be waiting to post all the entries on Oct 1!

Well... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

At lest I got my picture in for the September theme.

I just looked and they're posted now.

Yeh...I figured there would be a lot of flags, but I couldn't come up with anything else...that's why we made ours a little different.

Nothing wrong with using a flag though! Cool photo :rolleyes:

Absolutely Right!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...cf-17f546361f8d

My photo for October is admittedly weak though...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...81-169e2e5f3f56

Kinda an inside joke...

I looked on the current contest photos link this morning and found that no photos are posted after the 20th. I also noticed that the voting link was not available after around the 26th.

I posted my photo an the 30th and it is not there. I contacted Groundspeak and they said to contact jeep. I'm waiting for a response.

I know I lost a vote for the August contest and now my photo for Sept. isn't on there. :anitongue:

I have looked all over the Jeep.geocaching site and can't find a link anywhere to see/vote on photos for the Sept. contest. Help,where do I find the link?

Also I submitted a photo but never got a response saying it was excepted. How do I find out if was aproved (it was 4 megs,had the goal,submitted around the 27th). I have another jeep but don't want to load another photo till I find out if I messed up last months photo (it was a really good one too).

Thanks for any help

I have looked all over the Jeep.geocaching site and can't find a link anywhere to see/vote on photos for the Sept. contest. Help,where do I find the link?

Also I submitted a photo but never got a response saying it was excepted. How do I find out if was aproved (it was 4 megs,had the goal,submitted around the 27th). I have another jeep but don't want to load another photo till I find out if I messed up last months photo (it was a really good one too).

Thanks for any help

Your photo is there and is ready for votes. Here is the link.

I am ready to submit my entry for October, but I am a bit confused - the rules say the picture must be a .jpg or .tiff - mine is a .jpg - and can be up to 4 mb - mine is 2.38 mb - but when I was going to submit the file, the form said the same thing at the bottom of the page that it says for uploading any photo for a Geocache log -

"File upload supports the following formats: jpg, gif, tiff

Some Tips

* If your original image is under 125k or 600 pixels wide, the largest image will not be resized.

* It doesn't do the best resizing job. Editing your own larger image is preferable.

* Final images will always be converted to jpg."

I already made a smaller version of the image for emailing purposes, but as I read the rules, using that resized version would violate the rules, in addition to being lower quality than the original. But if I upload the original and geocaching.com resizes it - and in their words, "doesn't do the best resizing job", then it's been altered and the quality has been reduced even more.

So am I misunderstanding something here? How and where should I upload my picture? I assume that I should use the "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" link on my Jeep's page, and I don't see any other way of doing it, but it appears that doing so will resize my full-sized 2.38 mb picture to 600 pixels & 125k.

I am ready to submit my entry for October, but I am a bit confused - the rules say the picture must be a .jpg or .tiff - mine is a .jpg - and can be up to 4 mb - mine is 2.38 mb - but when I was going to submit the file, the form said the same thing at the bottom of the page that it says for uploading any photo for a Geocache log -

"File upload supports the following formats: jpg, gif, tiff

Some Tips

* If your original image is under 125k or 600 pixels wide, the largest image will not be resized.

* It doesn't do the best resizing job. Editing your own larger image is preferable.

* Final images will always be converted to jpg."

I already made a smaller version of the image for emailing purposes, but as I read the rules, using that resized version would violate the rules, in addition to being lower quality than the original. But if I upload the original and geocaching.com resizes it - and in their words, "doesn't do the best resizing job", then it's been altered and the quality has been reduced even more.

So am I misunderstanding something here? How and where should I upload my picture? I assume that I should use the "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" link on my Jeep's page, and I don't see any other way of doing it, but it appears that doing so will resize my full-sized 2.38 mb picture to 600 pixels & 125k.

I thought the same thing so I uploaded my 3mb picture and when I viewed it the website had resized it and made it look horrible. I deleted it and then resized it myself. They let you upload large pictures but they look like crap. I would resize it if I were you.