Upgraded to CN8 and now routes have error warning

capt caper

I have an SP2610 in my truck and upgraded CN 6 to CN8 and my routes that worked fine in CN6 have an error message coming up when I go to activate it. I didn't use CN7 because of the rumors around on it. Also I tried it and had some problems so I droped it and went back to CN6 . I did load it into Mapsource though.

The error gives you two choices. One is to recalulate and the other to use it anyway..It mentions the maps are different and it may not follow the roads precisely.

Any tips to overcome this?

Maybe you have start and stop locations that aren't precisely on a road, and the GPS thinks it might pick a different nearby starting road.

Maybe you should try deleting all maps from the list, then selecting only the newest ones you have of each type(CN8, Topo etc). Actually, I wouldn't load any combination of Metroguide, CitySelect, and City Navigator that covered the same area.

You could try a hard reset on the GPS, and making sure you have the latest version of MapSource and GPS software.

I have an SP2610 in my truck and upgraded CN 6 to CN8 and my routes that worked fine in CN6 have an error message coming up when I go to activate it. I didn't use CN7 because of the rumors around on it. Also I tried it and had some problems so I droped it and went back to CN6 . I did load it into Mapsource though.

The error gives you two choices. One is to recalulate and the other to use it anyway..It mentions the maps are different and it may not follow the roads precisely.

Any tips to overcome this?

I would go ahead and let the unit recalculate the route and see what happens. Your existing start and end waypoints or any via-points you created originally will not change and should display where they did previously. It's warning you that it may choose different roads between points. If it does and you would prefer the old route then you could go back to Mapsource on your PC and create additional via-points to force it back to the old.

Cheers, Olar

I have the newest software and updates. I only have v8 in the gps. But the routes were created in v6 so maybe that's a factor.

What I've done but haven't tried yet is to put the routes into v8 in Mapsource and recalcutate them. Then save the file. I remember reading something about this here in Groundspeak awhile back.

I will load them into the gps and try it.

I found it did put me on other roads that weren't preferable.

Maybe I'll do a reset too just to make sure all settings are at default.

Capt.