state coins

Turtletoes/Biggie

We may not be artistic, and have been incrediably busy with real life stuff this last year so we haven't been focusing on geocaching or coin stuff. We support a Montana coin being designed by people in MT. And have always been willing to chip in for the cost if asked. I'm always blown away by reading about coins designed for a state or province or country without any input from active cachers in that area. It is pretty sad when folks are so desperate to own a state coin that they will take it upon themselves to design it. Hope I'm wrong and the Shaffers have some kind of connection with Montana.

I actually think it would be pretty funny if MT was the only state without a coin. But that is the evil side showing...

-Jennifer

You know I have to say that your logic is quite simple on the whole local geocachers perspective and the coin dilemma. I am currently serving the in the US Army Special Forces and would love to think that even though I am not living in MT that I would still be considered a local when it comes to matters such as this. Am I to think that because I just came from the state and don't live there now that I am not Montanan and have an opinion on matters that effect our great Big Sky State. The Shaffers happen to be my inlaws and like me have been required to move because of our professions. I would really hope that the "locals" would show a little more support to those people from our great state that are out there making the world a better place and securing their freedom to continue to complain in forums such as this about a matter as simple as making a geocoin. Sorry not to rant but I really dislike the lack of support. I just hope everyone can see it from this different perspective. As for me a 4 time Combat veteran and Montanan I will be making a significant contribution to the michaelshafferfamily MT geocoin and hope that all others that love OUR Big Sky state will do the same. ~Jeremy

We may not be artistic, and have been incrediably busy with real life stuff this last year so we haven't been focusing on geocaching or coin stuff. We support a Montana coin being designed by people in MT. And have always been willing to chip in for the cost if asked. I'm always blown away by reading about coins designed for a state or province or country without any input from active cachers in that area. It is pretty sad when folks are so desperate to own a state coin that they will take it upon themselves to design it. Hope I'm wrong and the Shaffers have some kind of connection with Montana.

I actually think it would be pretty funny if MT was the only state without a coin. But that is the evil side showing...

-Jennifer

You know I have to say that your logic is quite simple on the whole local geocachers perspective and the coin dilemma. I am currently serving the in the US Army Special Forces and would love to think that even though I am not living in MT that I would still be considered a local when it comes to matters such as this. Am I to think that because I just came from the state and don't live there now that I am not Montanan and have an opinion on matters that effect our great Big Sky State. The Shaffers happen to be my inlaws and like me have been required to move because of our professions. I would really hope that the "locals" would show a little more support to those people from our great state that are out there making the world a better place and securing their freedom to continue to complain in forums such as this about a matter as simple as making a geocoin. Sorry not to rant but I really dislike the lack of support. I just hope everyone can see it from this different perspective. As for me a 4 time Combat veteran and Montanan I will be making a significant contribution to the michaelshafferfamily MT geocoin and hope that all others that love OUR Big Sky state will do the same. ~Jeremy

Why don't you come over here (see link), introduce yourself, and share your ideas or what you have coming out. No use drudging up the past when there were some misunderstandings and hard feelings. There is a Montana coin in full swing and I'm sure there will be others coming out with a Montana flavored coin, me being one them :lol:

tsun

Edit: I was asked to remove the link, so I am removing it.

Edited by tsunrisebey

Whoa...the issues that were presented here were dealt with a few months ago, so the hostility is unfounded. It's all been addressed, and last I checked, everything was cool. All this serves to do is drudge up feelings that were put to rest once explanations were provided.

Whoa...the issues that were presented here were dealt with a few months ago, so the hostility is unfounded. It's all been addressed, and last I checked, everything was cool. All this serves to do is drudge up feelings that were put to rest once explanations were provided.

Thats cool. I wasn't privy to other forums that I have since checked out. I just don't like the close mindedness that goes on. Life is too short and good for that. I was just offering a different perspective.