GPSMap 60CSx Carry Case Recomendations

TomandGina

Can anyone suggest a good case to protect my new GPSMap 60CSx? I have seen the NEO-PRO and the Glisson models on the web.

What do you use?

I always kept my Vista in its case, except when it was in the auto mount. But the belt clip button on the 60 makes getting it in and out of the case a real PITA.

I put an Invisible Shield protector over the window, and don't worry about it.

What Prime Suspect said. I just got the Garmin case, and it fits like a glove on OJ simpson. it's very snug, so much so that you almost need to unscrew the beltclip knob in order to get the case off. And, there's no hole for wires to go through to hook the unit to a PC when it's in the case. I keep it out of the case unless I'm heading into the field for the day and want a little extra protection. The Garmin case does look great though. Got mine for about $16 shipped on Ebay. I've seen other cheaper cases listed on ebay, but one looked more like a pouch than a case, and I thought the unit might fall out of it too easily.

I like the looks of the Sharkskin case but have never seen one. I use the Garmin model and mostly like it. The only problem I sometimes have is using the buttons through the plastic window, but one gets used to it.

I cut the plastic over the keys the day I got my garmin case. the way the buttons felt it made doing anything impossible. I only have the case to protect the screen(I don't like the stick on screen protectors).

I also just ordered a lexan box not much larger than the 60cx, I am going to cut some foam so it fits perfectly, that way I have a waterproof/floating box I can keep it in that's not much bigger than the unit itself.

I'd strongly suggest getting a hard-case and just putting the gps in it when not in use. I have one that is brand AccuCase patent No. 5,351,868 and works very nicely, just fits my 60CSx and keeps it in strong. It is a cloth covered hard case.

I got it at REI near the GPS's when i got my 60CSx.

what is the model name? and price? could you provide a link to it? i want to see how it looks...and where could i get it?