How about not trying to enforce YOUR AESTHETIC on ME!

Snoogans

Irony. :D I complaint thread about complaint threads. :D

I was gonna write something like:

It's funny ya know.... How some folks get enamored with a new activity and right away see clearly how much better things would run if they would just tailor the entire happy crappy circus to their own idea of....... Ahhhhh, but it has all been done before. :D

Hey,

Anyone want to talk about their most recent cachin' adventure that DOESN'T have some element of angst attached to it? Or their plans for an upcoming cachin' adventure?

I just recently got my cache profile up to date and just as soon as there's some slack in my 16 hour a day work/remodeling schedule, I plan to knock out the final 30 caches that will put me at the 500 cache milestone. I'm gonna go outta my way to get a few urban micros, skirt lifters, and virtuals to get there too. :D

Freedom to choose is a great thing! Ain't it? :D:D Too bad I don't have the choice to do a locationless cache in my final run to 500. :D

Edited by Snoogans

Yeah, I will. Just got back from a business trip to El Paso in which I squeezed in a 100 cache run. I must say that most of those in the rural areas were well done. I really enjoyed those placed along RT 170 and 118. Was also a great way to knock off a few more Texas counties from my to-do-list.

I have a watch on The Texas County Challenge. Good luck on being FTF. :D

That cache is the reason for the "All Texas Counties" goal in my One Degree of Separation Project.

It's funny ya know.... How some folks get enamored with a new activity and right away see clearly how much better things would run if they would just tailor the entire happy crappy circus to their own idea

I don't want to re-tailor the entire thing, just the parts I care about. Is that too much to ask!!!!

:D

It's funny ya know.... How some folks get enamored with a new activity and right away see clearly how much better things would run if they would just tailor the entire happy crappy circus to their own idea

I don't want to re-tailor the entire thing, just the parts I care about. Is that too much to ask!!!!

Sure! :D

Jomorac5 (Dan) is selling his "gocaching" domain, or I bet AngryKid would sell Terracaching to you for between 50 & 100K. Now, I'm bettin' Jeremy wouldn't sell ya this site for anything less than the high side of 7 figures and possibly into 8 figs. I know I wouldn't. :D:D:D:D

Edited by Snoogans

Irony. :D I complaint thread about complaint threads. :D

I was gonna write something like:

It's funny ya know.... How some folks get enamored with a new activity and right away see clearly how much better things would run if they would just tailor the entire happy crappy circus to their own idea of....... Ahhhhh, but it has all been done before. :D

Hey,

Anyone want to talk about their most recent cachin' adventure that DOESN'T have some element of angst attached to it? Or their plans for an upcoming cachin' adventure?. . .

I am writing this post to complain about your post which was complaining about complaint posts, which were complaining about certain types of caches.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Jomorac5 (Dan) is selling his "gocaching" domain, or I bet AngryKid would sell Terracaching to you for between 50 & 100K. Now, I'm bettin' Jeremy wouldn't sell ya this site for anything less than the high side of 7 figures and possibly into 8 figs. I know I wouldn't. :D:D:D:D

You could probably trade the dessert from your lunch to be the new owner of Navicache. :D:D

Anyone want to talk about their most recent cachin' adventure that DOESN'T have some element of angst attached to it? Or their plans for an upcoming cachin' adventure?

Sure. Tomorrow Team Mule Ears is planning to play hooky from work, rent a little putt-putt boat, and spend the day cruising for a few lakeside caches. Mucking around in a little boat (in the middle of the desert!) and geocaching. Can't beat it for a pleasurable waste of time :D

You could probably trade the dessert from your lunch to be the new owner of Navicache. :D:D

If I was smart I could re-sell the listings to gc.com and make a profit. You know, like a steak dinner. But heck, I'd settle for some McDonald coupons. At least I'd get some cool trade items.

(Just don’t let Idaho_Clovisman know I have'em.)

If I was smart I could re-sell the listings to gc.com and make a profit. You know, like a steak dinner. But heck, I'd settle for some McDonald coupons. At least I'd get some cool trade items.

(Just don’t let Idaho_Clovisman know I have'em.)

Better yet just keep em in your own cache .. :D

Snoogans you know what happens when you do nothing ?? Nothing... :D

September 15 by xxxxx (139 found)

Wow, nice trail! I didn't have much of a story to add about detassling though. Because I never did that job when I was a kid. I guess I lucked out! Anyway, I was drawn here for SM IC's coin they dropped! I liked the icon! Left some random goodies along with the already random goodies. Cache is very well stocked! TFTC!!

September 15 by xxxxx (139 found)

Wow, nice trail! I didn't have much of a story to add about detassling though. Because I never did that job when I was a kid. I guess I lucked out! Anyway, I was drawn here for SM IC's coin they dropped! I liked the icon! Left some random goodies along with the already random goodies. Cache is very well stocked! TFTC!!

LOL

Perhaps we need a rants forum :D

I do want to use this thread to share my latest caching adventure:

I didn't want to spend the $10 to park in the state beach parking lot so I parked down by the off-leash dog beach where I could park for 1 hour for just 6 quarters in the meter. When I turned on my GPS I saw the cache was 1.5 miles away. So off I went jogging and walking down the bike path. Nice walk along the beach. Got to the state beach parking lot and the coords took me right to - you guessed it - a lamppost. Found the cache, signed the log. Then walked/ran 1.5 miles to get back to my car before the meter expired. Pretty cool hike along the beach at sunset to find a pill bottle in a lamppost :D

I don't know, I think the forums could get boring if all complaints and realted arguing stopped.

Sometimes I wish we could award 'such and such is being a dork' points, and if the person gets 10 in a week they get booted from the fora for 48hours or something... you know make the cirus more interesting to see who gets tossed today :D

I don't know, I think the forums could get boring if all complaints and realted arguing stopped.

Sometimes I wish we could award 'such and such is being a dork' points, and if the person gets 10 in a week they get booted from the fora for 48hours or something... you know make the cirus more interesting to see who gets tossed today :D

You're talking about me, aren't you. :D

I think you should award me a**bag points, I'll take'em. :D

Edited by BlueDeuce

A non-angst post about a planned caching trip? Sure.

Sunday I'm planning to drive 45 minutes to an hour to a state park to fill in a one county island on my "counties of Ohio" map. Hopefully I'll be able to park the car in one spot and hike all caches in the park.

I do plan on taking my dog with me. He will be really excited about going somewhere in the car, and going for a hike. After the first 4 miles hiking his tail will stop wagging; after we get home he will cower in his house every time he sees me carry his leash for two weeks afterwards.

Wish me luck. I'm guessing before the day is over I'll be carrying the dog (80 lb black lab)...

You're talking about me, aren't you. :D

I think you should award me a**bag points, I'll take'em. :D

I have a list.... :D

You realize these points are not redeemable for anything good, right? :D

B)

Jomorac5 (Dan) is selling his "gocaching" domain, or I bet AngryKid would sell Terracaching to you for between 50 & 100K. Now, I'm bettin' Jeremy wouldn't sell ya this site for anything less than the high side of 7 figures and possibly into 8 figs. I know I wouldn't. :(:lol::(:P

I found one that's available right now for $14.95 a year:

Congratulations!

The following domains are available:

microcaching.com

I'm going to do a little bit of caching in Bermuda in a week or so. Does that count?

Try to grab my TB outta THIS CACHE if you're nearby.

I'll give it a shot. Sounds like a great location. My in-laws, in their 60s, will be with us and the difficulty rating on that cache is about right, with the reward of a good view.

In fact, my mother-in-law is very enthused about geocaching and has gone on several hunts with me. She recently notified me that I was required to bring my GPSr, and that we would be looking for caches during our trip. You can perhaps understand why I like her a lot - she's way cool. She also had suggested I find a local travel bug to take there. I think bringing one from Bermuda back to the Chicago area would work just as well.

The trick will be in talking her into posing for a photo with the TB :P

I'm going to do a little bit of caching in Bermuda in a week or so. Does that count?

Try to grab my TB outta THIS CACHE if you're nearby.

I'll give it a shot. Sounds like a great location. My in-laws, in their 60s, will be with us and the difficulty rating on that cache is about right, with the reward of a good view.

In fact, my mother-in-law is very enthused about geocaching and has gone on several hunts with me. She recently notified me that I was required to bring my GPSr, and that we would be looking for caches during our trip. You can perhaps understand why I like her a lot - she's way cool. She also had suggested I find a local travel bug to take there. I think bringing one from Bermuda back to the Chicago area would work just as well.

The trick will be in talking her into posing for a photo with the TB :P

Does she like race car drivers? If so, it may not be so hard to convince her:

(Tony Schumacher was the ONLY one that understood what a Babel Fish was...)

165988_500.JPG

165988_200.JPG

165988_900.JPG

165988_400.JPG

I went caching up at Laurel Lakes two weeks ago. Had a great time!

Yep! That has been one of my happy places since looooong before geocaching. I'll be placing more caches up there sooner or later. Ya missed out on my as yet, unfound terracache up there.

4ef15c16-6880-48ea-99c3-8b26aa1040e5.jpg

b730089d-3450-4a6f-9363-886a53e32d14.jpg

pssst: It's about 15 yards behind this guy and verrrry near where my archived Bonus cache used to be.

948ac3d8-f09f-48c1-8996-a50c8f695847.jpg