Ammom boxes on sale

GPS Derek

My appoligies if this is the wrong forum but as I'm not the one selling didn't seem to fit the garage sale forum. Please feel free to move it.

Starting on October 3rd till the 15th Princess Auto is selling Ammo boxes (some use as caches) for the sale price of $8.99, regular price is $14.99. These are all metal with a water proof seal.

Princess Auto has stores all across Canada and does mail order as well.

These are great for placing caches and they are the .50 cal ammo boxes as opposed to the .30 cal. If you have never tried to hide a .50 cal this is your chance.

I buy all my ammo boxes at Princess Auto when they go on sale.

Make sure to check around the store as they do usually have them in several locations and you have to search for good ones. Pay attention to the seal and make sure it isn't torn,also chjeck for deep pitting. I fill the pits with epoxy and sand it down so that the rust doesn't cause a leak.

I use steel wool and soapy water to clean them and then I wipe them down with methyl hydrate prior to spray painting them.

I always spray paint the inside of the ammo can as well, it is a lot more work because I tape off the rubber seal so it doesn't get painted. I choose the brightest colours I can find for the inside of the ammo can and I have used sky blue, lemon yellow, hot pink and flourescent orange. Kids really like to open a cache and find the super bright colours, it makes the swag easier to see as well.

The first time you have an ammo can talk to you it will be a surprise but if you start caching with ammo cans you will become familiar with the noise they make when they are happy. :P

There is no better cache container than an ammo box.