Locationless TRADITIONAL cache

uh...hi all...

help me please!

i have an location less cache (a traditional physical cache) and would like to place it to Waymarking.com ... because i read now in geocaching.com site:

All Locationless caches will migrate to the Waymarking.com site as of January 2006. They will no longer be available on Geocaching.com

pffh...dadgum....

i look this new (for me) site of Waymarking but i be missing between the different help-faq-tutorial-directorytree-and other pages.... :bad:

can anyone help me?

how can i create a traditional (box, pen, logbook, trading things...) but locationless cache in Waymarking site?

Traditional caches are still submitted through the geocaching.com site, but that is a completely separate process from Waymarking at this point.

It is perfectly acceptable to create a waymark at, or near the site of a traditional geocache. Waymarks are created on the Waymarking.com site. But first you'll need to identify a category that would be a good fit for your waymark.

If you can tell us something about the location, we might be able to help you identify an appropriate category for your waymark.

i have an location less cache (a traditional physical cache) and would like to place it to Waymarking.com ... because i read now in geocaching.com site:

pffh...dadgum....

i look this new (for me) site of Waymarking but i be missing between the different help-faq-tutorial-directorytree-and other pages.... :D

can anyone help me?

how can i create a traditional (box, pen, logbook, trading things...) but locationless cache in Waymarking site?

a traditonal cache is one where you 'go to' a valid set of coordinates and find a 'box'--with a physical log you sign your name to and swag.

a locationless cache (LC) is where someone said: 'i like georgia historic markers. i want you to go find one, gather information (coords/pics/'text'/your experience finding the 'cache')about them and include this in your lob to 'recieve credit'. these were labled as 'locationless' since the cache itself was not really at any location, the fact that it 'was' a cache meant that some coord had to be entered on the cache description--i actually remember going to one of these coord sets looking for something; it was my first locationless cache [that i DNF, lol].

a waymark takes this idea of a locationless cache and makes it more practical (you are able to see what items have already been submitted) and expounds upon it--now others can log their own visit to the site [if i happened to visit GA, and all the markers i saw were already submitted to the LC i would not be able to log that cache]. waymarks also allow 'us' to 'inform' others about areas where caching is forbidden.

if you want to actually want to put something at the location for cachers to find, go back to geocaching.com and reevaluate the options. if you cannot leave something at the site AND it has an appropriate category on Waymarking.com, try submitting it there. if it becomes a waymark DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING there for people to find.

Edited by ChapterhouseInc

I think the OP may be wanting to create a moving cache. Moving caches are no longer accepted by Geocaching.com.

Yes! i would like create a moving cache (with variably koordinates) i left it in a nice place and would like take this koo.-s on the internet and when someone found it then he take the cache (like a travel bug) and carry away where he like...hide the cache in new place and upgrade the new koo.-s on the net.

But now - if i understand right - i don't place this cache on the geocaching.com because this site deal with traditional caches only. I hope perhaps Waymarking can deal my cache...or not?

Actually Waymarking wouldn't be the right place either.

We deal with the "location" visit. The "location" is a fixed point, just like a cache is on Geocaching. The difference for us is that we don't "hide a container with a logbook", we just ask you to drop by and say you were there. Most often you need to take a photo of yourself there, but not always.

There are other 'Cache sites', perhaps they have a "moving cache" option.

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar

Actually Waymarking wouldn't be the right place either.

We deal with the "location" visit. The "location" is a fixed point, just like a cache is on Geocaching. The difference for us is that we don't "hide a container with a logbook", we just ask you to drop by and say you were there. Most often you need to take a photo of yourself there, but not always.

There are other 'Cache sites', perhaps they have a "moving cache" option.

:cool: The Blue Quasar

Thnx the informations...i am a little bit sad :laughing: but i hope i found the right place on the net for my cache...

bye

:anitongue: