Cachers met while caching

I have met the Team TimSibLes at the Lonesome Fir! cache long enough to chat to.

And I've seen Subarite when he's been heading to potential FTF's (River Pang: In the woods and The Bubble Cache), but we passed each other to quickly to start a conversation.

And other cachers have seen me out and about, but I didn't 'clock them', sorry.

Err! does Akaz2 count (my sister and her family!)?

Edited by kevenh

I wouldn't say that I've really met one in the wild, as such...

I've met **Andy** on a day's caching, but I knew him from before, and it was arranged - So I don't think that counts.

I've also me MumboJumbo, but that was in a pub and was deliberate... Although I did watch him pick up two of my caches from a far (trying not to be seen - didn't want him to think I was a stalker)

I've met Pamina2006, although we introduced her to caching, and have known her for years, so doesn't count

I've also met Wisewol and HillHappy1 sort of in the field, but we were all hanging around after the coordinates on a cache were found to be incorrect...

I have yet to catch anyone red-handed, or be caught... perhaps one day soon.

Since my previous posting in this thread, Hillhappy1, Moote, Vix92008, & Gorrd - some of them more than once. There seems to be a Coventry area STF club developing and having irregular but frequent night meetings in a variety of fields around here. I've still to meet Wisewol though - we keep missing by minutes.

um, as far as I can remember (and apologies if I missed any out)...

Bedlington Duo

Daisy and her Man

Tizzie

Simply Paul

House of Boo

The Ollies

Andybug and Ladybird

Simon C here (what's that funny man doing up that tree?)

Billhillies

Gaz Nes and Layla

Sensei XYZ

The Wrinklies

Padmassana (who is the first other cacher I met)

Old Ragbag

The White Family

Sonic

The Fair Bears

Sinjy (no Sadie with him when I met him)

Speediesounds

thisisace

Bob Smith

DaBaEm

The Lolly Gang (we each thought the other was muggles and didn't greet each other!)

Not including people bumped into on event days, when the woods are thick with cachers. I have bumped into most of the local cachers more than once. I will add any more I remember later.

Are you a cache Geobabe or a Geostalker? :laughing:

At one stage I think I was a geostalker - I kept bumping into Freespirit!

She was the first cacher I ever bumped into

I also have met:

The Lydford Locators (at the Ogbourne series for the first time)

Zr 7 (with Freespirit)

MMattyK (with Freespirt of course)

Team Whasp (Canadian cachers I met in Ottawa)

JB Colman (with 3 week old son!- not sure if they are still caching)

LOL yep ZR7 was convinced you were stalking me too though I think once I bumped into you so maybe twas vice versa :unsure:

Out on the trail Ive met Macroderma (3 times now purely by chance! I dont even greet him with surprise anymore I just shout random things at him from behind trees :ph34r: ), Simply Paul, Sensei TSKC and Kiwigary (on their epic canal series, Paul proving his bike brakes still worked admirably even if his legs didnt want to anymore, when he clocked my GPS) and have passed the Nine Elms Navigators but didnt clock it was them til I got home so said Hi via the online log lol.

Ive also met Paul and Max and Civilised but that was through emailing about various things until we met up for a group hunt and Mr Lydford Locator when he came to get ZR7's cache.

ZR7 is my fiancee and MmattyK is my dad so I doubt they count nor does Hazzanet who was my friend until he came out caching with me one day after I got him into it and he had tried a few solo ones. Im not so sure about the friendship any more as my abiding memory of that day not counting my own knee deep sink into a boggy bit was him sliding down a wet muddy gloucestershire hillside on his posterior!

So whats that um...10?

Edited by freespirit1402

I've bumped into Sweepy & Geowife - as I was starting a multicache they had just finished it.

I bumped into Webby962 as they had just found their 1st cache.

and apparently Peteseaker passed me recently.....

--- as to how many others I have past - heaven knows - I don't know what you all look like !! :unsure:

Today was an ODD day.

It poured with rain, a local cache was meant to have 2 TBs and Coin in it .... I was feeling publi spirited and thought they ought to see the light of day. Arrived at tree ( which I've geocached at before ). NO SIGN OF CACHE Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dripping wet I am approached by an unknown .... 'geobabe' as it turns out.

"Are you a Geocacher as well?" she asks.

"Who else on a stinking wet day would be grubbing under a fallen tree trying to look nonchalant??" I think!!

"Do Geocachers often meet up like this?" she asks, "This is only my second attempt! I dont have a GPS, can I see one!!!!???"

Now .... the bizarre I can handle but the downright off the wall is a little harder. I inquire how she found the tree.

"A process of deduction, coupled with photos etc! I've got Autoroute on my PC but I cant do the maths to convert the website minutes thing into the decimals for Autoroute!!!" This is not happening to me I thought.

Anyway we hunt under this goddamn tree to no avail and 40 mins later head of across the park dripping wet. "I think there's another over there", she says. I'd actually done that one, and she simply walked straight to the cache and found it - no GPS, no MAP, NOTHING!!!!

We part in the car park and as we do she yells out her name: the "new-seekers". I look her up - yup - a newbie - caches found zero, caches placed zero - but she obviously does cache - SOMEHOW!!

During my brief geocaching (just over 12 months) I have been introduced to three fellow geocachers and spoken to two others. With the latter ones we only realised they were geocachers AFTER moving on from meeting them

Actually met

Katiegremlin

TeamBalders

OldNickCov

Realised later

Team ARMY (Hector gave it away)

Cakemaker (Printed A4 OS sheet gave it away)

Also we were on the opposite side of the lake to vix92008 on one cache without either of us realising it until we read the cache logs

No doubt we will meet others as time goes on

Dave (and Lynne)

Edited by birder1951

Hmmm

My list is short, and should be shorter, because I'm cheating - you'll see why.

Hillhappy1

Wisewol (both together whilst all three of us failed to find)

**Andy** a guy I knew already, who i met up with to go Geocaching

MumboJumbo (saw him caching, but from my office window - subsequently met for a pint or two)

Pamina2006 (my fault she geocaches - I introduced her)

so really, its only two. Mind you, that's one for every fifty.

I'm looking at organising a meet in the midlands not too long in to the New Year, so I hope to meet some more then.

ZL

I've done 230ish caches at the mo and I've only met 3 or 4 caches. Mancunian Pyrocacher was driving past one on the road whilst I was getting it ( a cache and dash). So we had a chat and all that.

Also met Lady Tottington, Bleaklow and Sian&Matt (both of them).

I had met Mancunian Pyrocacher (Dave) and Sian&Matt before so at least I know to acknowledge them. But when you meet someone else, and you're trying to work out whether they're a muggle or not. That's what happened when I met Lady Tottington and Bleaklow.

you're trying to work out whether they're a muggle or not.

Any advice to a newbie as to how you can tell? I was scared off GCWB33 by a couple of guys with backpacks and notebooks last weekend. They didn't seem to be together, but did seem to be doing the same as each other. I was a bit too shy to approach them, and didn't see any signs of a GPSr, so gave it up after a while when they showed no signs of going away and indeed seemed to be waiting for me to leave...

There should be some sort of secret signal or password or something :wub:

Believe it or not, from memory....

Actually met:

Foggy & Crew

Saltdean Seekers

Flatcoat Walker

thedoc58

Balancing Walcheros

Perfunctory Butchers

McShug

Brambler

Tjapukai

minstrelcat

ArtoftheCountry

Pretty Panther

Covert Rabbit

The Mr Men Gang

T.R.a.M.P

The Dravens

Reaslised later:

poohtiggs

nigmag

Sussex Leprachauns

Andy 33

Gotty

Cats Eyes

Rudeness and Margoid

Seedsower

Oh dear, compared to most we feel like cacher magnets, or do we just stay too long at each cache?? :)

Edited by Go Pack Go