The Ethics of Jeep TB'ing

mgbmusic

A question regarding the Green Jeep TB's given their nature (being a contest):

1. Is it necessarily a bad thing to take and or leave a GJTB in a cache you have previously found? I only ask b/c TB's want to travel. I don't generally travel more than 40 miles to and from work (yes, 40 miles) so I've found many caches near my house and there's one about 800 feet from my door at work which I've also found. Now in order to get maximum distance between bug caches, I almost have to leave or retreive the TB from a cache i've found already b/c frankly after work, I don't WANT to find another cache, but I want to move the bug. I generallyu will not persue TB's unless I've planning on travelling a good distance and caching when I get there (e.g before Vaca), but it's a contest, and it'd be silly not to try to win.

Just curious about the opinions out there...

--MGB

I did this during the White Jeep TB contest last time.

Since I had already found most of the larger-sized caches around me, I had to revisit a cache (we'll call it 'cache A') that I had previously found in order to have a chance at grabbing a WJTB. After getting the Jeep and taking my contest photo, I attempted to leave it in a cache that I hadn't yet found ('cache B'). But while searching for cache B, I was "attacked" by a thorn bush :D , so I gave up on that thorny cache and decided to drop the WJTB into another larger cache that I'd found before ('cache C').

It wasn't exactly the best/most fun way to do it (searching for and finding new caches is usually much more fun than revisiting old ones and logging notes), but it was all legitimately done and I got to participate in the Jeep adventure.