Search Results Number Doesn't Match Items Returned

TDI2000

When searching by Keyword with the string "Pacific Marine Circle Route" as the criteria I get 58 hits with the listings on three pages. The first two pages have 20 listings each and the third has 18. The problem is that the listings are not unique. Some items listed on page 1 are repeated on page 2 and some on page 2 appear on page 3.

So are there really 58 different results or are there some smaller number with duplicates making up the 58?

If there are really 58 how do I get to see them all? I've tried both the "Prev/Next" and select page 1,2,3 options?

Is the 58 wrong or is there some way to see 58 different listings?

It gets MUCH worse when there are more pages.

Try the keywords: One Degree

You will get 16 pages of drifting listings. It becomes VERY frustrating to search through them several times to find NEW listings while the same old listings follow you from page to page.

I believe that if a keyword search could be rooted to your home coords the problem would be fixed.

OR if you could order the keyword search by placement date or last found date........

Edited by Snoogans

When attempting to complete a series of caches it does make it more difficult to gather all the info required.

Not being familiar with how the facilities on this site are maintained is this something to learn to live with?

Or possibly a well known quirk that might get fixed some time?

A related question: The search facility seems to include an implied wildcard as it does not return only exact matches. Are there user wildcards that can be included in the input string?

This is really a gc.com topic.

Maybe we could get an answer in that forum. :D

Hitting the report thingy. :lol:

As Simon and Garfunkel would say...

Slip Sliding Away....

You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

(Yes, it's Friday and I need to go cahing this weekend)

This is really a gc.com topic.

Maybe we could get an answer in that forum. :P

Hitting the report thingy. :P

As Simon and Garfunkel would say...

Slip Sliding Away....

You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

(Yes, it's Friday and I need to go cahing this weekend)

Sorry but I'm not familiar with etiquette/procedures.

Do I repost holus-bolus in the other forum or can the discussion be moved? I've noticed other topics are tagged with a "moved to" label. Is that something I can do or does it require someone with some a bit of authority on the site?

<snip>

Sorry but I'm not familiar with etiquette/procedures.

Do I repost holus-bolus in the other forum or can the discussion be moved? I've noticed other topics are tagged with a "moved to" label. Is that something I can do or does it require someone with some a bit of authority on the site?

Odd. It was moved. I verified the link was there after I did that.

Trying again.