Cool TB Mission

Lost Brews

Come Spring I intend to launch the MLBTB's. Two travel bugs - one American League, one National Leauge who I hope will travel to all 30 Major League Baserball Stadiums and return home to tell me all about it.

It's fun for me, maybe not to non-sports fans though.

Also, my school teacher wife plans to release a TB for her class next summer to try to travel to all the cultures her class studied - Aztec, Mayan, Egyptians, Ottoman Empire, and a number of other ancient civilizations around the world. More ambitious than mine, but still fun!

Come Spring I intend to launch the MLBTB's. Two travel bugs - one American League, one National Leauge who I hope will travel to all 30 Major League Baserball Stadiums and return home to tell me all about it.

Also, my school teacher wife plans to release a TB for her class next summer to try to travel to all the cultures her class studied - Aztec, Mayan, Egyptians, Ottoman Empire, and a number of other ancient civilizations around the world. More ambitious than mine, but still fun!

Both your plans are great, where are you going to start you MLBTB's? I have heard of a teacher who started a travel bug for each member of her class as part of a geography project. the student would have to present once a month for an entire year on where there bug was. The bug who traveled the most got a prize.

Both your plans are great, where are you going to start you MLBTB's? I have heard of a teacher who started a travel bug for each member of her class as part of a geography project. the student would have to present once a month for an entire year on where there bug was. The bug who traveled the most got a prize.

Right now the plan is to drop them both into the same cache Right here in Chi-town - since we have teams from both leagues here after all (went to the last Cubs game of the season today - I'm gonig to cry myself to sleep tonight.... :rolleyes: ) and kinda race them - see which one gets to all the teams in their league first...Dunno. I know of one cache int he area that's a non-stop to Maryland caqche, so that could work sending the AL on to Baltimore...Prolly just stick with my first idea tho...

As a sports fan and official, I released a whistle as a TB right after last year's NCAA BAsketball tourney, with the goal of visiting the campus of each school in the Men's Basketball Tourney prior to next year's final four, and then making it ot the sight of next year's final four.

Didn't happen. Disappeared after the first cache. :D

As a sports fan and official, I released a whistle as a TB right after last year's NCAA BAsketball tourney, with the goal of visiting the campus of each school in the Men's Basketball Tourney prior to next year's final four, and then making it ot the sight of next year's final four.

Didn't happen. Disappeared after the first cache. :laughing:

Ugh...not cool. I get sick every time I think of a TB that disappears...I don't know it just occurs to me that someone spent the money and put some heart into the goal only to have some schmuck walk away with a freakin' whistle. I'm not expecting the MLBTB to make it's circuit in less than a year. I'm fully expecting 1.5 - 2 years. But I'd like to read about the experiences.

We'll see what happens. I'll keep ya'll posted

I'm not expecting the MLBTB to make it's circuit in less than a year. I'm fully expecting 1.5 - 2 years. But I'd like to read about the experiences.

That time-frame might be a little optimistic, too. We once picked up a bug with a similar mission: D. Baxter Jr., who wants to visit every major league park. At the time we found him, he had been traveling for a year and had only visited three MLB parks -- the Phillies' old stadium and their new one, and the Cardinals' stadium -- plus a couple of spring-training parks. (We brought him to Fenway.) Since then he has also visited the parks of the Atlanta Braves, SF Giants, and Seattle Mariners.

So, he was released three years ago, and has been consistently traveling since then -- but he has only actually been to a handful of parks. It'll take him lots more years to get to them all, I would imagine.

Not that it's a bad goal at all -- just that it might take longer than you're envisioning :lol:

I'm not expecting the MLBTB to make it's circuit in less than a year. I'm fully expecting 1.5 - 2 years. But I'd like to read about the experiences.

That time-frame might be a little optimistic, too. We once picked up a bug with a similar mission: D. Baxter Jr., who wants to visit every major league park. At the time we found him, he had been traveling for a year and had only visited three MLB parks -- the Phillies' old stadium and their new one, and the Cardinals' stadium -- plus a couple of spring-training parks. (We brought him to Fenway.) Since then he has also visited the parks of the Atlanta Braves, SF Giants, and Seattle Mariners.

So, he was released three years ago, and has been consistently traveling since then -- but he has only actually been to a handful of parks. It'll take him lots more years to get to them all, I would imagine.

Not that it's a bad goal at all -- just that it might take longer than you're envisioning :o

Well Jeez, right now he's in Orgegon....closest thing to baseball there is the Mariners - if you count that... ;)

I'm sure he'll move on soon. If he comes to Chicago, I'll definitely make sure he gets to Wrigley and Comiski...or cell...or watever before I release him again.