Cache is relocated , can it be refound/relogged ?

dunderhead

To me if the cache is relocated it's a brand new hunt. Unless of course you just moved it a few feet.
Not within sight of previous, but within the regulation distance..
Replying to my own..for guys with Pocket Queries, would this change be shown ???

The PQ would have the new coords and any note that was made, but I would never see it, since I run my PQs to only return caches that I have not yet found.

BTW, whether or not a cacher can log a new find on moved caches is completely up to the cache owner.

Seems to me that if it's been moved far enough that a cacher is unlikely to stumble onto it while looking at the previous coordinates, then it's a whole new game. The regulation distance is basically to prevent cache clusters like three under the same rock (to go to the ridiculous extreme.)

Unless you're also a "numbers ho" and are worried about him overtaking you, why worry?

Seems to me that if it's been moved far enough that a cacher is unlikely to stumble onto it while looking at the previous coordinates, then it's a whole new game. The regulation distance is basically to prevent cache clusters like three under the same rock (to go to the ridiculous extreme.)

Unless you're also a "numbers ho" and are worried about him overtaking you, why worry?

No..he's a treasured visitor,he brings camo tape and TB's, and other ungettables here, who I want to help in every way..me? I'd rather have a tough DNF, than 1000 easy.

Edited by dunderhead

One smiley per cache. I've had to move two caches. Within acceptable limits. Sorry, it's the same cache. You only get to log it once.

It may be the same ammo can, or tupperware container, or even the same name. But if you move it 100 to 500 feet, or as the OP said "out of sight of the original, why would that not be a new hunt?

El Diablo

As previously noted, this is entirely up to the cache owner.

There is a prolific hider in western NC who, when a cache is moved/replaced for some reason, tends to allow second finds on new old caches. But since most cachers are checking for unfound caches, unless it has a new GCID they won't find out about the double-dip offer.

If I replace a cache of mine and move it a small distance or change the cache container, unless I archive the old cache and set up a completely new GCID, I do not allow additional finds by previous finders.

You say potato, I say potahto.

I can see where everyone is going with their opinions! My opinion on the issue is when the cache is assigned a waypoint code, a geo-user can only log ONE find log for that unique waypoint code. If a cache owner has moved the cache for whatever reason, the waypoint code has not changed....thus meaning the cache cannot be logged again. If the cache is archived and a new one listed nearby by the same owner, I will go and log a find...only because it is a new listing.

There is a moving cache that cruises the ADKs...I've logged it twice because it is in a different location and hidden by a different hider each time...it seems that if a cache were moved a couple of hundred feet in a new location, that I would have no problem with someone logging it again...although I would probably archive and relist it if it were mine.

Jamie - NFA

IT DEPENDS, I THINK ITS UP TO THE CACHE OWNER IF HE OR SHE WILL ALLOW IT TO BE LOGED A SECOND TIME. AS THE OWNER THEY CAN DELETE LOGS, AND I THINK THAT TAKES AWAY THE SMILEY ALSO. I HAVE A MULTI WHERE I HAD TO MOVE THE SECOND STAGE, THE LOCAL KIDS HAD FOUND IT, THE NEW LOCATION IS IN THE SAME PARK BUT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND. I AM ALLOWING A CACHER TO LOG IT A SECOND TIME IF THEY CAN FIND IT. THE ONE CACHER THAT FOUND THE OLD CACHE IN A NE LOCATION LOGED IT (FTF IN NEW LOCATION) JUST MY 2 CENTS