60csx Card slot

superflatz

Ok, I'm stumped. Where is the Microsd card slot on the 60csx and how do I access it? I'm usually pretty savvy, but I'll be danged if I can find it. Does it come with any card there now?

When I do find it, do I have to have a card reader to load maps on it (city nav), or can I load directly to the card from my PC?

Feelin stupid.

bob

As mentioned, the card is under the batteries. The unit ships with a 64 MB microSD (aka TransFlash) card that can currently be upgraded to as much as 2 GB. You can read from and write to the card in three ways:

Leave the card in the receiver and use the supplied USB cable. Since this method does not support the USB 2.0 protocol, it is the slowest option.

If your computer has a built-in card reader that supports SD cards, you can use a transflash to SD adapter. If you purchase a higher capacity card made by SanDisk, the adapter is included. This is a faster transfer option.

If you don't have a built-in SD card reader, but you do have a USB 2.0 port, there are a variety of USB 2.0 card readers available. However, I have not found one that supports the transflash cards natively without an adapter.

Note: do not confuse the microSD and miniSD cards; they are not compatible.

Hope this helps

OK, this was a test to see if you would be any good at geocaching....

I'm afraid you need some remedial classes before you will be allowed to move on to your first cache..

:-)

Ok, I'm stumped. Where is the Microsd card slot on the 60csx and how do I access it? I'm usually pretty savvy, but I'll be danged if I can find it. Does it come with any card there now?

When I do find it, do I have to have a card reader to load maps on it (city nav), or can I load directly to the card from my PC?

Feelin stupid.

bob

. The unit ships with a 64 MB microSD (aka TransFlash) card that can currently be upgraded to as much as 2 GB.

A quick and slightly off-topic question. Garmin states that at least the 60CSx only supports 1 GB cards. Is this just because this was all that was available at the time of printing the manual and hence the the additional 1 GB on the 2 GB cards are available or is there are software limiation restricting data access?

Regards

Andrew

. The unit ships with a 64 MB microSD (aka TransFlash) card that can currently be upgraded to as much as 2 GB.

A quick and slightly off-topic question. Garmin states that at least the 60CSx only supports 1 GB cards. Is this just because this was all that was available at the time of printing the manual and hence the the additional 1 GB on the 2 GB cards are available or is there are software limiation restricting data access?

Regards

Andrew

I believe it was because it wasn't available at the time. There have been numerous reports of sucess using the 2GB card.

El Diablo

I believe it was because it wasn't available at the time. There have been numerous reports of sucess using the 2GB card. El Diablo

That would be right. I saw the published limitation and went and brought a 1 GB card. Teach me for not doing my homework first. :D

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Andrew

The NT version of city select fits on 1 gig ...now if you want topo on there as well then it might be a problem..

I believe it was because it wasn't available at the time. There have been numerous reports of sucess using the 2GB card. El Diablo

That would be right. I saw the published limitation and went and brought a 1 GB card. Teach me for not doing my homework first. :D

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Andrew