Why no cache size icon on the cache page?

darus67

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the cache size is not displayed in iconic form on the cache page?

The cache type, difficulty, & terrain are all icons. Why not size?

Location of the size information on the cache page also perplexes me. I would prefer to see it either up near the cache type icon, or along side the terrain/dificulty icons.

And last, if the cache size is not specified, please TELL ME that the cache size is not specified. The current practice of not displaying anything if size is unspecified often leaves me wondering if I looked and missed it or if it's really not there.

Not really..it has it in text on the page and in icon form on the search pages.

Unspecificied cache sizes are usually left unspecified for a reason, and is part of the fun eg. as part of a puzzle cache, or for an unsually shaped "container" :mad:. I have seen a couple of caches that have the cache described fully in the description, and then unspecificed as the cache size. Probably human error.

I agree that on the cache page and on printouts, looking for the container size can be an adventure, since it's not easy to spot, even though it's in bold letters. (look on the right hand side)

I run the waypoints through a filter when I download them onto my GPSr and PDA and add one letter abbreviation (M/S/R/L/U/O) so I have no problem with this on the field. For example, GCQYHR will become QYHR R, as in Regular size.