Geo Jamboree 5

CT A-Team

Geo Jamboree 5 has had the dates set at June 9-10, 2007 and campsites at Kettletown State Park are already filling up. Please check the New England forum http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=136318 for updates and campsite bookings and make your replies there. For those of you who are new to this event, please check GCT29Y for last year's event.

See you there.

Walt

If you are thinking about an awesome weekend with great people, this is the event for you! We drove up from Md last year and had a blast. The people were so nice that until Sunday morning when we were getting ready to leave the only cache we found was the event! We found one other in the park near the campground as we were leaving. But the point is, we were having such a good time visiting, eating, playing games and just having fun that we ran out of time to cache! I never thought I'd say that. And it's not like there aren't around 30 caches in the park which is beautiful. Besides, when we couldn't make coffee in the mornings, these folks kept us in coffee which is saying a lot! What better friends could you ask for.

Terri

If you are thinking about an awesome weekend with great people, this is the event for you! We drove up from Md last year and had a blast. The people were so nice that until Sunday morning when we were getting ready to leave the only cache we found was the event! We found one other in the park near the campground as we were leaving. But the point is, we were having such a good time visiting, eating, playing games and just having fun that we ran out of time to cache! I never thought I'd say that. And it's not like there aren't around 30 caches in the park which is beautiful. Besides, when we couldn't make coffee in the mornings, these folks kept us in coffee which is saying a lot! What better friends could you ask for.

Terri

Hey, the coffee worked both ways. :D

Not to drag Walt's thread too far off, but Terri, I think you and your cute little bike at the last GeoJamboree was part of the inspiration for Cheryl taking the motorcycle safety class and getting her license. Found her a nice little Virago 250 and she's having a blast! Thanks!

Edited by Mopar

Hey, the coffee worked both ways. :D

Not to drag Walt's thread too far off, but Terri, I think you and your cute little bike at the last GeoJamboree was part of the inspiration for Cheryl taking the motorcycle safety class and getting her license. Found her a nice little Virago 250 and she's having a blast! Thanks!

I saw that chinese Harly - it blew my mind. I want a chinese chopper.

Terri

Hey, the coffee worked both ways. :P

You're welcome. Bikes make great geocaching vechiles! But really, I'm glad Chreyl did it the correct way, safety class and a bike to fit her riding style for now! Just wait until she wants to upgrade. We were looking at some real nice bikes tonight at the Harley shop.

Terri

The campsite reservations map has been updated!

Right now we have an estimated 110 campers! Last year, total attendees just reached 200 and already we have half that number planning to camp! Out of 66 available campsites in the park, 45 have already been reserved and 42 of those are by known geocachers. Only 20 sites left for the taking and we're trying to seal it out this year! I'm using way too many exclamation points!

It's a great weekend, and it's looking more and more like you'll be able to walk into any campsite and meet another cacher. Even if you can just come up for the big cookout, it's well worth it. Planet will even let you take a turn on the grill. :)

We won't be making it this year but I strongly urge those that can to go. We had such a good time that it was hard to decide between this and geowoodstock! It looks like we will probably put this event on the calendar for next year.

I look forward to reading the logs, looking at the pictures and wishing I could have unlimited leave and money.

Terri