Pocket Queries for Waymarking

Any plans on adding the pocket queries feature to Waymarking? I can see this feature giving me great flexibility to see what interesting places are nearby when traveling. I have to admit I am a bit of a pocket query geek, I run 9 queries for my home coordinates just so I can quickly see the different types of Geocaches that are nearby. Everthing is color coded and sorted by difficulty, cache size, and whether or not a TB is inside. The software I run on my Treo 650 makes it all possible (Geoniche from www.raydarllc.com).

Thanks,

Greg of TheAdventurers

There's word that some sort of download functionality will be available in the next release, which should be "soon" according to posts from Groundspeak lackeys.

:mad:

of course I could have been thinking about something else. :D

BQ has a point about variables. When they set up the Pocket Query function, I hope they will include the complete descriptions of each waymark including the variables needed to log a visit.

So, Waymarking Techs can you update us? How soon can we expect PQs and will they include descriptions and variables for logging a visit?

J.A.R.S.

something in the format of the GC.com 'gpx' would be swell, including 'info'

i have a magellan with 'caching software', allowing caches to show EXACTLY like on 'geocaching maps'. it is probably too much to ask for 'unique' waymarks on that display--is the locationless icon not in that software? this will allow me to have my own piece of the long-lost LCs in my Waymarking. plus, it will allow me to find waymarks and caches at the same time (on the same map/file)

This is my biggest reason for not really hitting Waymarking as much as I could. Having to look for a cat that may be interesting. I have gone by many waymarks that I did not know were waymarks because they were not in the GPS. I really enjoyed the virtual cache and still love the grandfathered ones. Just wish it was that easy to just do a PQ for waymarks in an area and then go.

Our next update slated for next Tuesday will have the ability to download *.loc files. The GPX version requires a new version of the Groundspeak namespace to handle all the different variables available for the different categories. As such it will take a bit longer to implement - but it is definitely in the cards.

Our next update slated for next Tuesday will have the ability to download *.loc files. The GPX version requires a new version of the Groundspeak namespace to handle all the different variables available for the different categories. As such it will take a bit longer to implement - but it is definitely in the cards.

Hey. Progress is progress; *.loc will be much appreciated, and anticipated on the way to .gpx!

Thanks for the target date for rollout too!

In fact, thanks for the whole Waymarking thing. It's gotten me all interested in local history (my wm category of preference is Texas Historical Markers, though that's not the ONLY category I list in).

The .LOC files are a little bit helpful, but without any descriptions, it's still difficult to know what you're looking for once you get to the coordinates. I'm manually copy-pasting descriptions into GSAK, which is a pain in the backside.

I'm still not going to do a whole lot of Waymark hunting until the pocket queries arrive. I'm still placing 'em, just rarely hunting 'em.

Jeremy,

Any idea when the GPX queries will be available?

I like to have it, as soon as possible, for all the waymarks of my own catagory to maintain these waymarks.

Also the question if there are plans, like in Geocaching, to implement Google Earth.

It should be very nice to have it.

At this moment the Europe Google Maps shown in the right top of the waymark screen are useless.

When will the details on the Europe Google Maps be the same als de USA Google Maps?

Thanks in forward for all the answers,

Albert

Added:

Just forgot to say that till now I am impressed about how Waymaking looks and is implemented!

Edited by Aladdin