Streets and Trips 2006

Raptor660R

Just buy the version without the GPS receiver... I don't believe you'd be getting anything extra at all by buying it. Hook 'er up to the 60CS, and you'll be on your way!

I have found that Streets & Trips crashes fairly frequently while navigating with the GPS, but maybe that's just my own problem. It'll work really well for a while, and then crash for no apparent reason. Just thought I'd add that.

I too have used the Microsoft Streets & Trips `06 with a non-Microsoft packaged gps. I do prefer the DeLorme Street Atlas USA program to S&T though....the newest edition just came out from DeLorme (2007) so it may be worth a peek if you have yet to purchase your mapping software...

Good Luck!

If I connect my 60CSX to Streets and Trips 2006, not the one that comes with the GPS sensor. And after configuring MY GPS to Streets, would it work the same as If I bought the software that comes with a GPS sensor?

No sense in buying another GPS unless I really need it

Thanks

Yes, but be warned, the response time (like when to turn) isn't so great. (probably due to the PC processor not the gps.)

If I connect my 60CSX to Streets and Trips 2006, not the one that comes with the GPS sensor. And after configuring MY GPS to Streets, would it work the same as If I bought the software that comes with a GPS sensor?

No sense in buying another GPS unless I really need it

Thanks

Yes, but be warned, the response time (like when to turn) isn't so great. (probably due to the PC processor not the gps.)

Well, I went online to E-Bay and found the Delorme 2007 for 40 bucks total and went ahead and got it. I sure hope it has pushpin function like S&Ttrips. What Im looking to do is any time we go camping I want to be able to print a map with pushpins showing all the caches I marked, then be able to use the laptop for a nice large screened navigation tool until we get close. So far, On my 60CSX with City Nav, the screen is just too small and it confuses my co-pilot (you know who we're talking about). But with a 15 inch screen and up to date navigatrion arrows, I hope it makes it easier. AND if Im wrong, stay tuned and look for the Delorme 2007 that I bought for sale in the Garage Sale forum....LOL

Edited by Raptor660R