Spring Picnic in Indiana - May 12, 2007 Potato Creek, Indiana

Gary and Mary Adventurers

:lol: The date and location for the Spring Picnic in Indiana has been finalized. Potato Creek State Park near North Liberty, Indiana will be the location, and May 12, 2007 will be the date. The Quaking Aspen Shelter has been reserved, and coordinates will be posted on the Event page as the date nears. We are working with the local DNR to make sure that this event will be good for the park, as well as good for geocachers in the region.

Volunteers to help with the planning and organizing WILL NOT be discouraged, so let us know if you would like to help.

Mark this date on your calendar, and be prepared for a day of fun with fellow cachers.

Hope to see lots of folks there from all of Indiana, as well as the surrounding states (or anywhere if you are willing to travel) :lol:

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :)

It looks like we missed the boat. There are some of us who would really like see one of the picnics held in the central part of the state someday. In the battle for geocaching supremacy between northern and southern Indiana, us central Indiana folk tend to be overlooked. We have some great properties (and great caching opportunities), particularly to the east and west sides of Indiana.

Now that the spring 07 picnic has been spoken for, I guess we could try for the Fall 07 picnic. Who makes the decision as to where these picnics are held? Where are they discussed? We do not want to miss the boat again.

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :antenna:

It looks like we missed the boat. There are some of us who would really like see one of the picnics held in the central part of the state someday. In the battle for geocaching supremacy between northern and southern Indiana, us central Indiana folk tend to be overlooked. We have some great properties (and great caching opportunities), particularly to the east and west sides of Indiana.

Now that the spring 07 picnic has been spoken for, I guess we could try for the Fall 07 picnic. Who makes the decision as to where these picnics are held? Where are they discussed? We do not want to miss the boat again.

Well you central people can have a picnic too.Since spring and Fall have been taken,have a summer picnic or a winter picnic. I would be more than glad to attend them.

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :mad:

Well you central people can have a picnic too.Since spring and Fall have been taken,have a summer picnic or a winter picnic. I would be more than glad to attend them.

I second this!

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :huh:

You could always put together a Central Indiana group and plan picnics etc. for that part of the state. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a group in Northwest Indiana, but WORK always gets in the way. I have attended a couple of Chicago area get-togethers and had a good time.

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :huh:

You could always put together a Central Indiana group and plan picnics etc. for that part of the state. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a group in Northwest Indiana, but WORK always gets in the way. I have attended a couple of Chicago area get-togethers and had a good time.

Spring, summer and fall are great times for picnics! There is no law that says you can't host a picnic event whenever and wherever you want! We will be looking with great anticipation foryours, Marcus!!! And of course BAGO will be holding our 2nd and 3rd annual Hot Dog Bashes this spring--2nd at Huntington Dam and Third at Mississinewa Dam.

Personally, we'd rather see picnics replace the hog trough(No Offense, Torry) monthly meetings of the various Geo groups during warm weather.

We'd be glad to help you with yours, Marcus!! YOU make a decision, and discuss it wherever you want!! B):(:D

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :o

Hey Rupert, Have you come up with a date for a picnic yet? If so let us know. There's always room for another Geo-event!

Merry Chrismas to you and your family from me and my family!

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :o

Hey Rupert, Have you come up with a date for a picnic yet? If so let us know. There's always room for another Geo-event!

Will there be hot dogs at "Rupert's Big Fun Picnic 2007" ??? :D

Whoa…I did not realize that this was even being discussed let along having dates and location finalized! :laughing:

Will there be hot dogs at "Rupert's Big Fun Picnic 2007" ??? <_<

Yea Rupert when is the bash???????

Has anyone got a campsite yet. We plan on taking off work on Friday and camping Friday & Saturday.

Deermark

Are you taking off on Friday so you can "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" with my highschool kids? I mean, since you are going to be off that day anyway, it's a great chance to get to wear your high heels in public!

Holy Smoke!!!!

It's almost February, and the Spring Picnic is only a little over 3 months away. Up here in Northern Indiana the weather has not seemed like winter, until this weekend, so we have been a little distracted. Some of us met at a local watering hole this weekend, and talked about picnic plans, as well as other things.

Look for the web page to be showing up early next month, and we plan on finalizing our camping reservations this week. The shelter has been reserved for months though, so watch this thread for announcements till the web page goes up.

Hope you are having some great winter Adventures.

Garu and Mary

Campsite Reservations

The Adventurers, and Happy Hikers will be camping Friday and Saturday evenings, and staying in section E of the Family Electric sites. We reserved sites 286 and 260 (Next to each other on a corner) and will be using one of them as a "Meet and Greet" crackerbarrel site. As of Today the section had almost all the sites available, so if geocachers reserve early, we can have the section pretty much to ourselves. This section is set off a little and is at the end of the line so it will be a good "Event Headquarters"

Looking forward to seeing everyone in May

Come on up for the Adventure

Gary and Mary