NYC Fall Event?

gracepap

Now that Kohler Kon is cancelled, it would be great to do one last event here in the city before winter closes in. I LOVE Central Park in the fall. It's my favorite time of year. Maybe we could arrange one further uptown this time. Near the North Woods perhaps? Any other fall locations in the city would be welcome. Anybody interested in one more meeting for 2006? Grace :huh:

EDIT: I was just thinking...Bryant Park might be a great spot. Convenient for all. Lots of tables and chairs....

Edited by gracepap

If you list it people will come.

Bryant Park might make a nice venue, but you will have to squeeze it in before they set up for the Xmas stalls that dominant the whole exterior walkways.

Another idea might be a pub or a 'traditional' place to eat in New York, maybe for breakfast. Katz has the best Pastrami I have ever had. Yum! :huh:

Grace, Bear and Dolphin enjoy daytime, weekend events. Union Square so we can get some of those new pesky downtown caches? Hmm... Two new caches on Roosevelt Island... Some of the wooded sections in the north part of Central Park can have (um) some unusual people participating in unusual activities. (Is that the right way to word that?) There is a lovely pond with a boathouse, though. Restroom facilities is always a consideration in planning events. Hmm... Probably cannot plan an event in the arboretum. Drat. Weekend, daytime, we'll be there.

o!o!o! an event! sounds good! i whould say that weekend afternoons rather then night whould probably be better...just do to the fact that some cachers like to do other things at night--and some cachers have to work at night. Any where in the city sounds good though...i whould probably say midtown whould be the best for the tourist sake. but anywhere in the city sounds great. :lol:

if we do choose union squre, we wont want to do it on a saturday--farmers market--too many muggles, we might attract too much attention....

also november 5th is the marathon--so that sunday may be out--upper mannhattan will be a mess. also if anyone can guess from the name i will be active during the marathon.

Edited by Mile Runner

Just a thought, i was thinking right outside the apple store might be fun. food is around (kind of) FAO is there, and also the southern part of the park. It is also realivily easy to get too via subway. In addition it can get kind of cold in the city, so if it gets cold we can go down into the apple store.

I was thinking....bryant park would be great. Completely centrally located with lots of tables (and one micro) :rolleyes:

What about October 28th? too soon?? Only weekend in Nov. I can do would be Nov. 18.

How are these dates for people?

I think you need a minimum of 2 weeks lead time which would make either date possible, but I vote for the November date.