Legend C Help

VE6NS

I own a LegendC and it has been an excellent little unit. A few weeks ago I noticed it locked up. I had it plugged into the lighter and when I went to push a button, nothing happened. I tried all the buttons and nothing happened. I unplugged the unit and everything worked again. I took the unit into the house and tried it on the computer cable. Same thing. If I plugged the cable in and then turned the unit on it works fine, but I am unable to load anything onto the unit. The computer does not recognize the unit. I tried a reset, but nothing happened except now I have to manually put in all my waypoints. Any ideas

Garmin said that they have never heard that problem before. Thet were the ones that told me to try the reset. When that didn't work they gave me the address of their authorised service center and the service center said "Garmin established a flat rate repair cost for each model. The Legend C is $161.72 CDN + tx & shipping." :wub: