Cache with a teatowel and spare log book...

In light of recent events most problems with cache maintanence seems to relate to two areas....

Cache box is damp

Log book is nearly full

Like many people I can not just at a drop of a hat pop out to some of my inaccessable caches, so instead of reporting caches to the owner, I now adopt the policy of travelling with a tea towel, so I can totally dry out the cache, and if ness replace the log book.

Two problems solved in one.... (a) a now revived cache box and (:laughing: a happy cacher who knows his box has been maintained without that visit.

Can I recommend more cachers travel with t-towels.....

What about actually starting to leave t-towels as regular cache items !

Lets keep the standard of UK caches high and adopt a self help system ! :laughing:

In light of recent events most problems with cache maintanence seems to relate to two areas....

Cache box is damp

Log book is nearly full

Like many people I can not just at a drop of a hat pop out to some of my inaccessable caches, so instead of reporting caches to the owner, I now adopt the policy of travelling with a tea towel, so I can totally dry out the cache, and if ness replace the log book.

Two problems solved in one.... (a) a now revived cache box and (:laughing: a happy cacher who knows his box has been maintained without that visit.

Can I recommend more cachers travel with t-towels.....

What about actually starting to leave t-towels as regular cache items !

Lets keep the standard of UK caches high and adopt a self help system ! :laughing:

but surely no one ever leaves the house without their trusty towel? or is that just me and other people from just outside guildford?! :laughing:

Back OT, good thinking, although I don't usually have a rucsac with me, so have to make do with tissues. We usually do this, but will still mention it in the log so that an owner knows what's happening. A damp box can be indicative of further problems (broken seal or cracked box or whatever) Unfortunately I rarely have a spare container with me.

One for all and all for one! (as someone mentioned on another thread!)

"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta…wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat…wrap it around your head to ward off noxious fumes…any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it … win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

Published by Harmony Books in 1979

Who am I to argue? :laughing:

Thank you very much for that Robin, much appreciated mate.

Actually a double "thanks" as I'm unable to maintain that cache for two reasons:

1. Well, you know #1!
  2. Last twice I've been there I couldn't bloody find it! Both times logs have popped up the same day along the lines of "Easy find TFTC". Grrrrr......