TB Etiquette help

chonk

I'm new to the sport and have a question regarding TB's.

I have picked up and dropped a couple TB's already and am familiar with the procedures. However, just the other day, I took a work buddy along with me on a lunch time of hunting and picked up a TB ironically called "Imagine" who's goal is to travel the world.

Just so happens, my buddy is totally hooked on the sport (had a gps for years and never used it) and just so happened to be leaving for Scotland the day after our hunt.

I gave hime the TB to drop off at a geocache that was going to be literally across the street from his hotel in Glasgow.

My question is, since I was the person who technically grabbed the TB (and subsequently logged it), how do I show it's been dropped off at the new cache site if I never went there. And did I breach etiquette by doing this? i just thought it was a great opportunity to move a travel bug to the other side of the earth when the farthest it's gone is 60 miles.

Chonk