Whys is my Pocket Query PRC file sorted by waypoint name?

KiwiHopeful

Hmm ... I'm not quite sure why this is, but when I open the file in my ebook reader, all of the waypoints are sorted by the waypoint name (eg GCXXX) rather than by the distance from my staring point, as it is set up to do.

Is this a random bug I'm experiencing or something I've set up wrong?

Sorry if there's another post on this someplace else.

if you find a way to change this I'd be interested, but also surprised.

in the query, you so specify distance from your origin, however that is used to identify the caches, but not necessarily to sort the list.

the prc files are in my experience, sorted the way you describe. but you can use your gprs to identify the one you want, then do a find in mobipocket to get to the right page (cache).

this is fairly straightforward, even if not perfectly efficient.

I haven't tried cachemate, but that may help you (I run mobipocket reader on my blackberry where I don't think the cachemate can run).

I too am experiencing this problem with my pocket query Ebook downloads. Prior to a few weeks ago, the Ebook downloads worked perfectly, but apparently something was changed in the pocket query Ebook download generation programs that has caused the ORDER to be shown in Waypoint sequence even though the Table of Content states that the "Order is listed by distance from Origin." WHAT DID GROUNDSKEEP CHANGE to cause this problem to arise??? It was perfect, but whatever they changed in the generation process in the past few weeks has caused this problem with the Ebook pocket query downloads. HELP!

Change to GPX Sonar or GPX View they will let you specify how it displays from within the program.

I just noticed.....It is not just the pocket query Ebook order listed from point of origin that has been changed, it is all downloads, even the GPS, are now "order listed by Waypoint name." Check it out when you first open your EasyGPS program....the waypoints are listed in Waypoint name order. This has occurred ever since the "New Look" has been given to Geocaching.com. The section on the pocket query generation form where it asks for "From Point of Origin" is completely ignored except for generating the waypoints which the program then lists in "Waypoint name" order instead of in "from point of Origin" as it used to generate. Whereas the Waypoints used to be delivered in the order checked off on the form, they are now being delivered in Waypoint name. That is why the Ebook listing on my pocket PC is listed in the order of Waypoint name instead of from point of Origin. I certainly do hope that one of the programmers corrects the program that generates the downloads.