Berntsen International Book on Survey Monuments

CallawayMT

As some of you may know Berntsen, one of the premier survey marker making company's, has been working on a book on Surveying Monuments. Aptly titled "Lasting Impressions" a glimpse into the Legacy of Surveying.

The book is being printed at this time and is available for Pre-order at the following link.

Lasting Impressions

In the September issue of POB, there can be found a short synopsis of the book found on page 4, soon to be released.

POB - September Issue

I am sure every person that frequents this forum will need to have a copy.

CallawayMT

Last week I was able to take a tour of the Berntsen facility, after which Rhonda Rushing went through the whole book with me. She was very nice and was really excited about the book and was impressed by the submissions from the Benchmarking group.

It should be coming out soon and has some great stories, photos and new marks to go find.

CallawayMT

I received my copy last Friday and must say that Rhonda and her staff did a superb job. This is a very high quality book filled with photos and stories that I will read many times.

BuckBrooke: If I were you this would be the year that I started opening my gifts on Christmas eve, if you don't already.

Square Nail

I got one too.

Appears there is a photo placement goof on page 28. The area photo with blowup is supposed to be of the triangluation station but its reference mark No.1. They omiited the station mark and its location?

Edited by Z15

I got one too.

Appears there is a photo placement goof on page 28. The area photo with blowup is supposed to be of the triangluation station but its reference mark No.1. They omiited the station mark and its location?

That was one of mine, and I also immediately noticed the omission of the station mark. (But I have not questioned them about it).

I can assure you that I did indeed submit close-ups and area views of the station mark as well as the reference marks, all clearly legible (and labeled, in addition), so all the information was readily available to them. I can't explain why the layout turned out as it did! :laughing:

~Zhanna

I also found one article which I think is in error. Anyone know how to contact them? I know there is a disclaimer about the content being provided by the contributors, etc., but still they may be able to forward my comment to the original author for some fact checking.

But it is a great book, isn't it.

PBNYC,

You can use this link and Rhonda will get back to you.

Berntsen Contact

CallawayMT

As some of you may know Berntsen, one of the premier survey marker making company's, has been working on a book on Surveying Monuments. Aptly titled "Lasting Impressions" a glimpse into the Legacy of Surveying.

The book is being printed at this time and is available for Pre-order at the following link.

Lasting Impressions

In the September issue of POB, there can be found a short synopsis of the book found on page 4, soon to be released.

POB - September Issue

I am sure every person that frequents this forum will need to have a copy.

CallawayMT

I can speak first hand on this one, you will not be disappointed if you add this book to your coffee table collection. Mine draws attention continuously and leads to discussions on Benchmark Recovery lasting hours.