Favourite Canadian Cache

Shadow_Coyote

Post Your Favourite Caches Name and Waypoint

As a student geologist, I really like earthcaches. Blast gc.com for moving them to Waymarking, because there have been far fewer published earthcaches ever since (don't get me started on that topic). My favorite cache is a little known, out-of-the-way, undeveloped hot spring, near White Swan Provincial Park in the Kootenay Region of BC. I was shown the place while attending a geology field trip, and found out shortly afterwards that this was the site of an earthcache. I highly recommend visiting this one and taking a good soak in the pools. The most relaxed I've ever been while geocaching.

Lussier Hot Springs Earthcache (GCQV3F) by South Surrey Scavengers

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d3-e8d27664478c

Does that mean Yellow Jeep Fever is coming back too!!??? WooHoo!!!! Maybe I can get my "Used chewing gum" cache approved now!

:lol:

I am glad to hear that Earthcaches are coming back to where they started though. Technically, they are still locationless caches and don't at all fit into the gc guidelines, but rules were made to be broken right? Even by the rulemakers themselves.

Edited by TrimblesTrek
TrimblesTrek Posted Yesterday, 07:31 AM

Does that mean Yellow Jeep Fever is coming back too!!??? WooHoo!!!! Maybe I can get my "Used chewing gum" cache approved now!

I am glad to hear that Earthcaches are coming back to where they started though. Technically, they are still locationless caches and don't at all fit into the gc guidelines, but rules were made to be broken right? Even by the rulemakers themselves.

Actually, they would be "Virtuals" not "Locationless"

There are no rules, only guidelines. But if you want to call something broken, that would be Virtuals, according to Jeremy and TPTB.

At least we agree that EarthCaches do not fit into the GC Guidelines :)

If you sign a log at an EarthCache, are you carving a tree? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: The Blue Quasar