Logging Question

On August 30, I visited and logged an airplane museum that was listed under the History Museum category. Now I noticed that this same museum is also now listed under Aviation Museums. May I log a visit for the new listing using the same date as my original visit or do I have to go there a second time?

Up to you, really. When submitting new waymarks that fit multiple categories, I try to include a link to each alternate on the waymark page, so those visiting can log each category, if possible (I have one that's also in a factory tour category but you can't log that one unless you took the tour <_<)

If the waymark you logged was submitted prior to your visit and the one you didn't log yet was submitted after that, it's up to you whether you log it or not (or the waymark owner, if they want to delete the log) I've seen people logging their family vacations from 1989 so I don't think it's going to be an issue :anitongue:

Have fun with Waymarking!

On August 30, I visited and logged an airplane museum that was listed under the History Museum category. Now I noticed that this same museum is also now listed under Aviation Museums. May I log a visit for the new listing using the same date as my original visit or do I have to go there a second time?

this is the real finding to Waymarking....you visit a place, and later find out it is in another category. (or you can submit it). people waymark what they like, and new, alternate categories are created. what is the most number of waymarks that can be assigned to the same 'spot'?

as with caching, Waymarking is open to interpretation. as long as what you want to do is within the bounds of the 'requirements', enjoy it.

Up to you, really. When submitting new waymarks that fit multiple categories, I try to include a link to each alternate on the waymark page, so those visiting can log each category, if possible (I have one that's also in a factory tour category but you can't log that one unless you took the tour :anitongue:)

no need in providing the links--there already is one on the description page ('find nearest waymarks')

Up to you, really. When submitting new waymarks that fit multiple categories, I try to include a link to each alternate on the waymark page, so those visiting can log each category, if possible (I have one that's also in a factory tour category but you can't log that one unless you took the tour :laughing:)

no need in providing the links--there already is one on the description page ('find nearest waymarks')

True. I just like being helpful. Maybe not everyone will see that (the 'find nearest waymarks', particularly if they're already home and logging the find), but a direct link in the description is easy to add.

:laughing:

Edited by robert