Watch Out! Avroair and Dhenninger are coming to town!

avroair

How big is Indiana? We have two days to drive from Memphis to Louisville with detours inbetween so I think we can go halfway up the state. That would be the Sunday or Monday. =)

Indiana is anywhere from about 130 to 160 miles wide and close to 250 miles long. It's a decent sized state. By the way, I live just across the Ohio River from Louisville and our last pq showed several thousand caches within 10 miles.

If it's extra time between memphis and louisville, you might seriously want to focus on the area around Team Neos. It's right across the river from Louisville and it would take way more than a few days to clear out all of the traditional caches and virts in that area (that's without doing the multis and puzzles and ...). If you want to hit more of the area, head up into IL, then cut across on I-64. It will run you right by Evansville (JAPTKD and I'd happily show you around, so would Solarwib, or any of the other ECO members) and from E-ville to Louisville is about 90 minutes on I-64. We don't have nearly the cache numbers in our corner of the state as there are in the Jeffersonville area, but we could easily fill up several hours to a day. (About 100 or so caches within a 10 mile radius; 200 within a 20 mile radius of downtown).

Bloomington is a great place to check out, but can be hard to get to on highways, depending on where you are coming from. If you have the time, I highly recommend trying to cache up there though. Andrew and I haven't done much there, but what we've heard about sounds worth a detour (if there's time in your schedule for detours). Vincennes and Terre Haute are due north of Evansville (ok, close to due north), and both have lots of caches, and decent highways to get there. An alternate route from E-ville to Louisville would take you through Owensboro Kentucky, which has 80-100 caches, again, all within the city limits.

Just in case - I think the drive from Memphis to Chicago would basically fill up all your free time - nothing left for caching! :bad: but, if you hit southern IL, you could easily get caches in all three states. There are a lot along the Ohio where you can take a bridge from one side to the other to get caches in both states (KY and IL, or KY and IN).

We really don't worry so much about our numbers. :D

We will going over our schedule tomorrow night at an event.

Currently, we know this much:

Friday --- fly into Atlanta

Saturday morning --- Breakfast with Atlanta Cachers

Saturday evening --- Dinner with Alabama Cachers

Saturday night in Tupelo

Sunday --- Drive to Memphis via Arkansas, thru Missouri, Illinois and end up somewhere in Indiana

Monday --- Indiana here we come! Breakfast anyone? No schedule yet (need to be in Louisville sometime in evening)

Tuesday --- Fly out back to East Coast and goto work ;);)

Looks like we may be in Evansville on Sunday afternoon and might have a chance to go caching with Prairie Partners. :D

Hey - you're actually coming during our fall break, so I'm really free right then. (ahhhh - two blissful days with no college students to deal with). Andrew and I could meet up with you (& Jim if he's free) wherever and show you around if you'd like.

Beth/beffums

We really don't worry so much about our numbers. :D

We will going over our schedule tomorrow night at an event.

Currently, we know this much:

Sunday --- Drive to Memphis via Arkansas, thru Missouri, Illinois and end up somewhere in Indiana

If you're going to be in St. Louis on Sunday, drop a note to "rgs at geostl.com", and we can round up a few cachers and meet you for a breakfast or lunch if you'd like.

RGS (Rich)