So, are the Gold Compass Rose coins all gone?

markp99

I must have misunderstood, you said their site crashed, I assumed you were talking about today.

As for the coins on ebay, only 1 of the 9 is being sold by coinsandpins. They have many customers who only buy via ebay. The rest are being sold by your fellow collectors, some who were quick to complain about the original ones the candp put up there, ironic isn't it?

While people sit and complain about the prices on ebay nobody seems to be realizing that you do NOT have to buy them from there or at all for that matter. They are NOT sold out and it is you, the consumer who is driving up prices, not the seller.

I must have misunderstood, you said their site crashed, I assumed you were talking about today.

As for the coins on ebay, only 1 of the 9 is being sold by coinsandpins. They have many customers who only buy via ebay. The rest are being sold by your fellow collectors, some who were quick to complain about the original ones the candp put up there, ironic isn't it?

While people sit and complain about the prices on ebay nobody seems to be realizing that you do NOT have to buy them from there or at all for that matter. They are NOT sold out and it is you, the consumer who is driving up prices, not the seller.

"Me thinks someone protests too much." <_<

As for the coins on ebay, only 1 of the 9 is being sold by coinsandpins. They have many customers who only buy via ebay.

So they plan to only sell 9 of them on eBay? I count at least 6 sold so far by them theirselves on there.

According to their email, the rest are suppose to sell on their website when the magic coin goes on sale, whenever that is.

No idea how many they are going to br put on ebay, but most if not all of what they have put up went up at the same time as the sale on the website went up, then that came crashing down, but the ones on ebay already had bids so those remained.

Once again though, if people don't go into a bidding frenzy, they won't go for ridiculous prices. And if you don't want to pay those obscene prices, then wait and see if you can't get one when the mass of them goes on sale on the site. (not talking to you personally, just in general).

I too have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of a second attempt at selling these coins. Why did they not just take pre-orders like the majority of coins sold lately do? It seems to relieve the frenzy when somebody thinks they will only be available for a short period of time and so flood the website and bring it to it's knees. What I would also like to know is what they are waiting for? If the site is back up, why not sell the remaining coins? I'm afraid they are creating an artificial frenzy by prolonging the next sale. I would like this coin a lot but I won't be spending an hour trying to get one ordered with 500 other people at the same time. If I experience problems, I'll just forget it.

No idea how many they are going to br put on ebay, but most if not all of what they have put up went up at the same time as the sale on the website went up, then that came crashing down, but the ones on ebay already had bids so those remained.

Once again though, if people don't go into a bidding frenzy, they won't go for ridiculous prices.

I spotted one this morning for $41.50 (buy it now) and a further $11.50 to ship it to the UK :o

What I would also like to know is what they are waiting for? If the site is back up, why not sell the remaining coins?

Everyone on their mailing list received an email explaning this (and what happened during the sale)...to answer your question, here is a quote from that email:

"We will consolidate the sales of the remainder of the compass roses with the magic geocoin so we can take care of them at one time instead of spreading them out over the next month. It will also give us time to get these web bugs worked out. The people on our mailing list will get notified of the new sales date in a few weeks. There are no pre-reservations being taken for the compass rose or any of our other coins."

Hello,

I thank everyone for their patience. We are ready to finish the sales of the 2006 Gold Compass Rose Geocoin. While the website is not fully ready handle the kind of situation that happened last time, some upgrades have been made. We are selling these now instead of waiting any longer. A true fix to the website will take longer than anticipated, but we want to ensure we get the real upgrades done with quality rather than rush the process.

We have listened to constructive suggestions made by some of our customers and decided that no other new coins will start selling at the same time of the Compass Rose coin. Keep in mind there are not very many Compass Rose coins left, so ordering will be difficult.

Sales of the Gold Compass Rose will start on Wednesday 20 September 2006 at approximately between 8:30am and 9:30am Eastern Standard Time zone (EST), USA.

If the website has problems again before the coins sell out, then we have a backup plan. We will provide a notice of the backup plan if there are any problems. If there are no problems with the website and they sell out, then the coin will no longer show on the ordering page.

Please do not continuously refresh the web page before and/or during the ordering times or you may not get a chance to order the coins.

Thank you,

Aaron Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

Edited by Team Jsam
Hello,

I thank everyone for their patience. We are ready to finish the sales of the 2006 Gold Compass Rose Geocoin. While the website is not fully ready handle the kind of situation that happened last time, some upgrades have been made. We are selling these now instead of waiting any longer. A true fix to the website will take longer than anticipated, but we want to ensure we get the real upgrades done with quality rather than rush the process.

We have listened to constructive suggestions made by some of our customers and decided that no other new coins will start selling at the same time of the Compass Rose coin. Keep in mind there are not very many Compass Rose coins left, so ordering will be difficult.

Sales of the Gold Compass Rose will start on Wednesday 20 September 2006 at approximately between 8:30am and 9:30am Eastern Standard Time zone (EST), USA.

If the website has problems again before the coins sell out, then we have a backup plan. We will provide a notice of the backup plan if there are any problems. If there are no problems with the website and they sell out, then the coin will no longer show on the ordering page.

Please do not continuously refresh the web page before and/or during the ordering times or you may not get a chance to order the coins.

Thank you,

Aaron Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

It figures I will be on an airplane between 8am and 10am eastern time. I have the worst luck.

Jayman11

It figures I will be on an airplane between 8am and 10am eastern time. I have the worst luck.

Jayman11

I hear ya' Jayman,

I'll be in an presentation at that hour. Oh, well. Not meant to be. :(

LOL! I'm not the only one than. Flight leaves at 8:00am lands at 9:50am. What are the chances. Hhahaha

Jayman11

Hello,

Thank you,

Aaron Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

Everybody needs to note the highlighted section of the coinsandpins letter quoted above. They're not just asking you to not continually hit the Refresh button in order to reduce traffic. It is actually possible to refuse a user access to the site based on the frequency of loading of particular pages, and/or based on total number of loads during a single session. So, if at 8:30am you decide to just keep hitting Refresh until you get an order screen, you will probably be booted off their system. Just a word of advice! :(

Thank you,

Aaron Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

Everybody needs to note the highlighted section of the coinsandpins letter quoted above. They're not just asking you to not continually hit the Refresh button in order to reduce traffic. It is actually possible to refuse a user access to the site based on the frequency of loading of particular pages, and/or based on total number of loads during a single session. So, if at 8:30am you decide to just keep hitting Refresh until you get an order screen, you will probably be booted off their system. Just a word of advice! :blink:

Not knowing too much about this I'm going to ask what may be a dumb question. If we can't refresh to see if they are on sale yet then how do we get the order screen?

Are they just asking don't have several windows open at the same time on one computer? Or maybe don't have both the desktop and the laptop going at the same time? or how does this work?

Also, if you have more than one window open to their site, and keep hitting refresh on each window, that will also get you booted off quicker.

If someone then gets booted off will you be able to close the browser and open it again to go try to order or would you be SOOL from that IP address?

From the way things went last time its seems that they might be sold out within a few minutes

Well, I'm not the network guru, but my guess is they use the IP address.

Also, they'll probably sell out fast. But what probably happened last time was a Denial Of Service attack. Basically, one big meanie hogged all their network resources, so no one else could get through. If that DOESN'T happen this time, then things will be slow because we'll all be out there at the same time, but not totally non-responsive like last time. So, everybody should have a chance to get through. It would be nice if they limited the number of coins per order, so nobody can hog 100 coins to sell on the e-place.