Verizon: Not Receiving E-mails

Arrow One

I am currently having a similar problem. I am receivine emails on "watched" items, but not on caches I own.

I have Verizon as my email, maybe they are having problems too??

Here's another Verizon customer. Haven't received any find logs on my own caches in several days, and also didn't get the "earthcache email" (I'm an earthcache owner) everyone seems to be talking about these days :D

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I am currently having a similar problem. I am receivine emails on "watched" items, but not on caches I own.

I have Verizon as my email, maybe they are having problems too??

Here's another Verizon customer. Haven't received any find logs on my own caches in several days, and also didn't get the "earthcache email" (I'm an earthcache owner) everyone seems to be talking about these days :D

I'm on verizon too. No emails, no PQ's in a couple days but i have gotten a few misc. emails here and there from other stuff but very few which is not normal.

Jayman11

ok here's a little info. Apparently on Friday the 15th Verizon had issues with emails being delayed. The only problem i seem to be having is getting emails from geocaching.com right now i told them today. They gave me a link and told me to fill it out. Supposedly they may have blocked geocaching.com emails from their server and this will help them allow it to certain people. Here is the link:

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/whitelist/Default.asp?

Jayman11

Thanks jho135!

I filled out the member form and hopefully I'll start getting my email again. :D

No prob! I hope so too. I'm flying out of state weds. and wanted to have my PQs up to date on my palm before i left so i can do some while im away. Oh well. I also forwarded the info on to Geocaching.com to see what happens.

Jayman11

I had filled out the Verizon form on Saturday night. Finally got some email from 9/16 for geocaching.com today! I had switched my email account back to AOL and reran my pocket queries and got them. I'm going to give them a couple more days before I switch bach to Verizon. Don't understand why they blocked geocaching.com :D

I just spoke with Verizon. Apparently geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com landed on their list of spamming domains. I also completed the White List Request form to have these released. I was told that it should be taken care of within 24 hours. We'll see.

Edited by DeoBog

Ok looks like it is resolved now! I just got about 75 emails in the past 10 minutes for geocaching.com! WOO HOO!

Jayman11

Same here for the most part. I'm still missing a few Waymarking notifications, but it seems to be working much better now. And I noticed it wasn't limited to just geocaching.com emails either.

Ok looks like it is resolved now! I just got about 75 emails in the past 10 minutes for geocaching.com! WOO HOO!

Jayman11

Same here for the most part. I'm still missing a few Waymarking notifications

Then it can't be said that Raymarking is always fun then :laughing:

Yes, they're rolling in here. Faster than I can delete them :rolleyes: I completed the whitelist form too, but I'm sure after the first couple people did it, they just unblocked the whole domain.

This morning, we opened our email & did not have any from geocaching.com, which is highly unusual. Came to the forums & found this thread. Murphy's Law, we ditched AOL & started using Verizon with MSN as our email & now it appears that Verizon is doing exactly what AOL did. We have filled out the whitelist form & hope that our emails start up again. This is really frustrating. We can't believe that these ISPs can just shut off user requested emails. :(

I think Verizon is having other issues this morning. It appears that sometime yesterday, Verizon did whitelist us as all of the backlogged email was delivered. This morning, there are only 50 emails in queue for Verizon and their servers are giving us a "server too busy" message. I suspect they have a minor server problem and they'll clear it up shortly.

:( Elias