nutlady coin

nutlady

:blink: I am still laughing. I will not be able to look at that coin & not get a vivid picture of the nutlady cracking her walnuts! I've gotta have at least 2 (1 LE, 1 RE) Please!!

Love it. I dont have a pic of ME......but you can go here and see a few pics. The site is still waiting for someone smart enough to "fix" it.

www.tularenut.com

nutlady AKA nussknacker

I would like fifteen regular and five LE of these coins. I sent you a PM last night, hopefully it will help you with the images. If not, drop me a line. It would be nice to have a ballpark price. Glen

Edited to change coin numbers, I like these!

As I have never done a coin before.......I have no idea right now what the cost will be. I know the 3-d is extra, as soon as I know, I will definatly post.

Based on the replies, I am now wondering if I should stick with Bronze and Gold, or add a silver in the middle?

Honestly, I didnt expect so many replies. And all of you that have requested coins, you will get them! As soon as I do! I wasnt doing a pre-order. Just wanted to see if this coin could fly. And how many to mint. Im really green at this.

I cant tell all of you enough....and those that posted directly to me.....how much thanks I have for your input. Lets just say that the grinch smiled all day.

I did the front, and kudos to Jaime at toyhappy for the back.

For those of you that want to trade, I will consider. I never thought of myself being a coin collecter, but its only fair, isnt it!

Ok, Im going to submit my design now to a few companies. See how many of my children I have to sell. Shouldnt be a problem as I have 5 ranging from 3-17.

Sandra aka nutlady

I know you would love to trade for a set of Go-mad-Cow Coins, right?

HOLY COW! I cant believe the responses......and that pic of the coin isnt even very good! (to say the least)

And thanks to those that posted the pic, by the way.

As for a cow coin, are you kidding? A dairy themed coin would have been my next!

Ok, I gotta go back out to the nuthouse and crack more walnuts. No, I am NOT kidding! Thats what I do for a living!

And you thought I was just crazy. You can buy walnuts/pistachios/cachews AND a coin from me!

I think Ill need more then 250.

Be back after work.

Mmmmmm. Please add an order of walnuts, pistachios and cachews to my coin order! :blink:

I know you would love to trade for a set of Go-mad-Cow Coins, right?

HOLY COW! I cant believe the responses......and that pic of the coin isnt even very good! (to say the least)

And thanks to those that posted the pic, by the way.

As for a cow coin, are you kidding? A dairy themed coin would have been my next!

Ok, I gotta go back out to the nuthouse and crack more walnuts. No, I am NOT kidding! Thats what I do for a living!

And you thought I was just crazy. You can buy walnuts/pistachios/cachews AND a coin from me!

I think Ill need more then 250.

Be back after work.

Mmmmmm. Please add an order of walnuts, pistachios and cachews to my coin order! :blink:

Will do! We are harvesting at the moment!

Bronze and Gold, or add a silver in the middle

If you are making a Silver, will probably shift order some as I'm a silver coin person, please keep us up to date on your progress , and indeed final pricing guess I'm NUTS about Geocoins :blink: , THX, Glenn

PS I also have some trade coins, so perhaps mix and match ?? :lol:

Edited by glennk721

OK, please, let's not turn this into an order thread for nuts. Just coins, we do have a guideline about turning these forums into a personal advertising venue. I know the OP didn't do it, just don't want you all to get carried away.

But, I sure do love pistachios.....

Just coins please. Thank you.

I would suggest a black nickel walnut (sandblasting makes the details easier to see) [ and I like black nickel coins :lol: ]

I'm not sure about silver... the bronze and gold may be difficult to tell apart, but they are more in keeping with a natural walnut color. But it is your coin, do what you want :blink:

Since these are yours, and you are not doing this as preorder, pick your company, and they should be able to provide you with sample coins in your choice of finishes, then you can decide which ones you like and want to go with.

I wasn't sure how ours was going to look in black nickel, and hadn't originally planned on going with it... but then we got the samples and it became the standard edition of ours. (but it did need the sandblasting (no extra cost), otherwise you couldn't see any details)

I wasn't sure how ours was going to look in black nickel, and hadn't originally planned on going with it... but then we got the samples and it became the standard edition of ours. (but it did need the sandblasting (no extra cost), otherwise you couldn't see any details)
Yeah, if there is any kind of 3D detail, shiny coatings don't look as good. Sandblasting/antiquing will look great. I went to check on your coin in our collection to see what sandblasted black nickel looked like, and there is sadly just an empty spot where your geocoin should be. :blink:

--Marky

OK, please, let's not turn this into an order thread for nuts. Just coins, we do have a guideline about turning these forums into a personal advertising venue. I know the OP didn't do it, just don't want you all to get carried away.

Sorry......It wasnt my intention at all. It was brought up. So I wont plug any nuts other then my coin. If anyone is interested in non coin nuts......contact me.

Again, I am sorry.

Sorry......It wasnt my intention at all. It was brought up. So I wont plug any nuts other then my coin. If anyone is interested in non coin nuts......contact me.

Again, I am sorry.

Don't be silly, nutlady! Eartha was telling the rest of us to stay on topic, not you. But, in between cracking all those nuts, I hope you're adding up all these orders, 'cuz it looks like this is going to be a really popular coin! Way cool!

1 of each metal please for me

As I am still deciding how many to make......I am leaning strongly on a mix of the Bronze, Silver and Gold.

The majority will be bronze. ALL will be antique patina.

Currently Im thinking 250 B, 100 S, 50 G.

How does that sound? When I go to actually pre-sale.....am I supposed to list how many were minted? ( Dont worry, I am keeping tabs of the wants here)

And when some of say you want one in each color......would that mean all 3? Or the first two when I was expecting to make 250?

I sure dont want to be a pain! Ive never done this before and I want to make sure I make enough of what YOU great people want!

I was not expecting so many replies.

Another concern of mine.....I think Im close to selling the 50 gold now. I am forgetting my geo-pals here .....so, is it considered bad taste to make some coins for myself? To hand out to friends and maybe donate to event raffles?

Is it considered in bad taste to consider making more gold "LE" coins if more people request them at the get go? As opposed to after the pre-sale and they are, indeed, SOLD OUT? I mean, that is the purpose of a LE coin, right?

Most of all, I dont want to do anything to tarnish myself right out the starting gate!

I appreciate any advice!

As I am still deciding how many to make......I am leaning strongly on a mix of the Bronze, Silver and Gold.

The majority will be bronze. ALL will be antique patina.

Currently Im thinking 250 B, 100 S, 50 G.

How does that sound? When I go to actually pre-sale.....am I supposed to list how many were minted? ( Dont worry, I am keeping tabs of the wants here)

And when some of say you want one in each color......would that mean all 3? Or the first two when I was expecting to make 250?

I sure dont want to be a pain! Ive never done this before and I want to make sure I make enough of what YOU great people want!

I was not expecting so many replies.

Another concern of mine.....I think Im close to selling the 50 gold now. I am forgetting my geo-pals here .....so, is it considered bad taste to make some coins for myself? To hand out to friends and maybe donate to event raffles?

Is it considered in bad taste to consider making more gold "LE" coins if more people request them at the get go? As opposed to after the pre-sale and they are, indeed, SOLD OUT? I mean, that is the purpose of a LE coin, right?

Most of all, I dont want to do anything to tarnish myself right out the starting gate!

I appreciate any advice!

OK, here is some advice,

RULE ONE: The most important thing to remember is that these are YOUR coins and to that end, all your decisions about them should make you happy first. Having said that, asking for advice from fellow cachers is great as long as you default to rule number one.

Only make the amount of coins that you can afford, selling them is fine but consider carefully wether you want to take that on yourself or have the manufacture do that for you. There are additional costs to either solution.

I would think about putting a hold on the pre pre orders now and approach a few manufatures about prices and their services (Such as selling them for you, etc) That way you will have a much better idea about the numbers of coins you can produce. I've sent you an e-mail with a suggestion on a company to contact because of the great service we recieved.

A local cacher who has expressed interest in your coin, whitebear, produced 500 coins, 200 each in silver and gold along with 100 copper. He then had the company thad made them sell the 400 and kept the 100 as his personal traders. I would suggest that you do something similar. If you're close to having the 50 gold coins spoken for, then make 100 with you keeping 50 for your own use. Gifts, trades, etc. It still makes the gold a LE, in my opinion, and it gives you some coins to do with as you wish. You could even keep some of the other colors too, but that is up to you and the big factor here is what you can afford. I personaly value traded personal coins more then purchased personal coins, especialy if I've traded with the cacher that has produced the coin. That's not to say that I don't buy any, it's just that I feel that when you trade an item that you're proud of ( and you should be proud of the coin you produce ) with another cacher who probably feels the same way about their own coin, that adds something to the deal. But that is just my opinion and should have no bearing on what you would like to do.

I hope this helps, producing your own personal coin is, well personal and the experience can be great, ok, or down right scary. As you can see from all the interest shown your coin here, your experience should be fine. I can't wait to see them.

I agree, do whatever makes you happy. When I did the Meades Ranch coins, I had 100 antique silver coins run and never mentioned them. They were meant to be for friends, caches and gifts. I wound up donating a few to some of the fund raisers. I also gave some to people I felt were supportive and positive in the forums. I dropped a few in caches and still have about 40 of them. It will be a sad day when they are gone! I had 500 of the antique brass coins made and they are down to about 80, filtering out pretty slowly these days.

The new 3" Initial Point coins, I offered them in four colors, nothing LE, no holdouts for myself. I also had 500 of them run in four finishes. They went really fast, in fact they are almost all spoken for before I even have them in hand. I am ready to get some of my money back, it has been tied up for a while now.

I wanted to do these coins for the historical value of the two benchmarks in my home state. I handled them all myself, it was quite a bit of work, but only over a couple of weeks. Glen

I would suggest a black nickel walnut (sandblasting makes the details easier to see) [ and I like black nickel coins B) ]

I'm not sure about silver... the bronze and gold may be difficult to tell apart, but they are more in keeping with a natural walnut color. But it is your coin, do what you want B)

Since these are yours, and you are not doing this as preorder, pick your company, and they should be able to provide you with sample coins in your choice of finishes, then you can decide which ones you like and want to go with.

Thanks for the advice! While I personally like silver.....its a walnut. Im thinking copper might look smart.

But yup, Ill wait and see. Then I will anounce the final "score" .

So, Im waiting on the mint to finalize the design......I guess I will get back a picture very close to what the coins will look like?

When that happens, of course I will post that. ( or someone smarter then me will....)

Should I start a new thread with the official pre-order? Course I have all of the people here already on a list.....but I have changed my mind a few times on the coin colors.

Also, is it ok to have payments sent to my e-mail addy through paypal? I cant see why it wouldnt be okay.....but sure Ill take checks from those that dont paypal.

One more thing......and if its out of line LET ME KNOW.......I would like to start getting addresses. I will be literally swamped with walnut harvest and processing for the next 2-3 months, so I would like to start as early as I can on whatever I can!

So, Im waiting on the mint to finalize the design......I guess I will get back a picture very close to what the coins will look like?

When that happens, of course I will post that. ( or someone smarter then me will....)

Should I start a new thread with the official pre-order? Course I have all of the people here already on a list.....but I have changed my mind a few times on the coin colors.

Also, is it ok to have payments sent to my e-mail addy through paypal? I cant see why it wouldnt be okay.....but sure Ill take checks from those that dont paypal.

One more thing......and if its out of line LET ME KNOW.......I would like to start getting addresses. I will be literally swamped with walnut harvest and processing for the next 2-3 months, so I would like to start as early as I can on whatever I can!

I wouldnt do personal checks just because you never know. I would recommend doing Cashiers Check/Money Order so that they are certified, just from past experiences. For the preorders what i have seen is most people collect the email addresses instead and then just send an invoice when you are ready to collect the money. I've never done it myself but i have had other people send it to me that way and then they process everything through Paypal.

Jayman11