Autorouting with Metroguide

eaparks

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to autoroute with Mapsource Metroguide v6. I thought I'd seen where it can be done but I haven't found anything that tells you the steps to go through to make it autoroute on the GPS. I'm wanting to use it on a 60CSx. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Metroguide can only autoroute on the computer, not on the GPS.

That statement is not true!

MetroGuide will autoroute on Garmin units with a little help from numerous threads on the subject!!

I live in the UK but have MetroGuide NA v7 autorouting on a 60CSx.

Strumble

I haven't seen any recent threads on the procedure to go through. I did hear that if you upload the maps with something other than Mapsource (i.e. IMG2GPS) that the Metroguide Maps will autoroute on a 60CSx. Is this correct or is there a better way of getting it to autoroute? Thanks.

Strumble how did you get metroguide NA autorouting? I tried using the wizard

and could never get to the last step.I am wondering if this doesnt apply to na.

I gout routing with uploading through img2gps but the routing doesnt seem to work right.ANy help would be great as most of the discussions I have found seem to deal with other metroguides other than NA

Strumble how did you get metroguide NA autorouting? I tried using the wizard

and could never get to the last step.I am wondering if this doesnt apply to na.

I gout routing with uploading through img2gps but the routing doesnt seem to work right.ANy help would be great as most of the discussions I have found seem to deal with other metroguides other than NA

I used the initial method listed:-

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php...0646&page=1

The method is now replaced by[i have never used it]:-

http://www.geodude.nl/gps/

I loaded MetroGuide NA for my son and it worked in Chicago and LA.

I have not 'crossed the lake' so have no experience of NA!

All MetroGuide 'manipulated' software does not work as well as CityNavigator or CitySelect especially at roundabouts!

I have ceased using my method above as I unlocked CityNavigator Europe v8 for both my units and have had no reason to re-instal MetroGuide NA for my son since May!

Contact those members from the original posting/thread from NA, for more up-to-date help.

I got routing with uploading through img2gps but the routing doesnt seem to work right.

I would agree sometimes it does give you strange routes, allot of that has to do with the settings you have in the unit for routing. sometimes telling your gps to simply recalculate route will get you a better option(especially if you have moved from the spot you originally did the auto-route)

under main menu, setup, routing I have follow road method set to shorter distance & under the follow road options auto, better route, Truck, and Avoid U-turns. This seems to work best for me.

If you pay for city navigator it is MUCH better at autorouting, but sometimes will still give you some strange routes.

Still havent gotten this to work.When I check my version of metroguide through mapsource it says version 2.0.I thought anything previos to metroguide 4.0 provided autorouting but maybe not.I tried the outlined version in the brighthand post but never got any index files.I also tried the wizard but didnt seem to work either like it never recognized and index being built.Anytime I try to route it follows the basemap to route I tried turning the basemap off thinking maybe that would force it to follow something else but then it says no roads near starting point

Edited by CrazyOn2Wheels

Yeah the wizard hung up for me too.I ended up fixing my autouting issue today.I took my 15%off coupon to rei and bought city navigator 8.I figured as much as I spent on the csx why deal with issues with the software to save a bit of money and then when I go caching this weekend I shouldnt have any issues.Now I just have to wait forever for the western half of the us to load in navigator and topo.