New Garmin 60csx and waypoints

edlentz

I just got this unit and it is great! I am trying to figure out whether I should become a premium member or not. The question is, if I become a premium member will I be able to get all the info from a cache into my GPS? I want the notes, hints, what type of cache ie:micro, multi, etc. In other words I want to stop printing out the page on the website. I am using EasyGPS and have looked at GSAK. Which would be better? I am tending to GSAK.

Thoughts and suggestions very much welcome.

Thanks!

I just got this unit and it is great! I am trying to figure out whether I should become a premium member or not. The question is, if I become a premium member will I be able to get all the info from a cache into my GPS? I want the notes, hints, what type of cache ie:micro, multi, etc. In other words I want to stop printing out the page on the website. I am using EasyGPS and have looked at GSAK. Which would be better? I am tending to GSAK.

Thoughts and suggestions very much welcome.

Thanks!

I can't answer your specific question, but I would HIGHLY recomend getting a PDA...even the really cheap ones from auction sites will work. That coupled along with Cachemate and the like will get you away from printing out cache pages, and give you ALL the info on a cache you will need. It is as easy to download the caches into a PDA as it is to download it into your GPS unit. Good luck.

I have the 60csx and all that it will get is the coordinates (of course :laughing: ), the name of the cache (unless it is a long name) and the cache owner. In the map, it will show the abbreviated name of the cache.

As with the previous posters, I suggest getting a PDA that will show a similar listing of the cache webpage listing. I use GPXSonar on my PDA, and GSAK for loading the GPS.

Hope this helps :rolleyes: