Subcategory Proposal: Religious Buildings -> Baptist Churches

Hello,

I was looking through the directory and was unable to find this category. I believe this Subcategory would be useful for people new or visiting an area. Right now I am looking for two or more members to make up the required three for the group Baptist Churches. The group link is below.

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.a...96-ab3e5a9299d6

A quick update: I think I misunderstood the difference between the cagegory and subcategory. From a closer look at some threads its appears that the subject should be Category Proposal: Religious Building -> Baptist Churches.

Thank You,

JaM

Edited by JaMPrindle

Hello,

I was looking through the directory and was unable to find this category. I believe this Subcategory would be useful for people new or visiting an area. Right now I am looking for two or more members to make up the required three for the group Baptist Churches. The group link is below.

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.a...96-ab3e5a9299d6

A quick update: I think I misunderstood the difference between the cagegory and subcategory. From a closer look at some threads its appears that the subject should be Category Proposal: Religious Building -> Baptist Churches.

The discussion about denomination-specific categories has not come up for quite awhile. Personally, I think there is a very valid place for them. In fact, a group of us are working on one as we speak.

The one you propose here will need a lot of work to make it a viable category. The first issue to settle is if you want this to be a huge category for ALL Baptist churches -- any church carrying the name "Baptis" or otherwise identifying itself as Baptist. There are several large Baptist denominations, the Southern Baptist Convention and the Amrican Baptists, and dozens of smaller groups not to mention the plethora of independent churches. I found one listing that had 60 or 70 different Baptists conventions and associations -- jut in the U.S. Internationally, it must be in the 100's. So, I think "Baptist," may well be too generic.

Then there is always the matter of historic Baptist church buildings that may be being used for another purpose.

Just some considerations. I think, though, that a well defined and thought-out category here has great merit.

The discussion about denomination-specific categories has not come up for quite awhile. Personally, I think there is a very valid place for them. In fact, a group of us are working on one as we speak.

The one you propose here will need a lot of work to make it a viable category. The first issue to settle is if you want this to be a huge category for ALL Baptist churches -- any church carrying the name "Baptis" or otherwise identifying itself as Baptist. There are several large Baptist denominations, the Southern Baptist Convention and the Amrican Baptists, and dozens of smaller groups not to mention the plethora of independent churches. I found one listing that had 60 or 70 different Baptists conventions and associations -- jut in the U.S. Internationally, it must be in the 100's. So, I think "Baptist," may well be too generic.

Then there is always the matter of historic Baptist church buildings that may be being used for another purpose.

Just some considerations. I think, though, that a well defined and thought-out category here has great merit.

Good Idea's... These are questions that need to be thrown around a group. I am still needing one more person to join to make of the officers. Any takers?

Thanks,

JaM