Hiya everybody

Burning Ice

Hello my name is Lisa and i live in swindon.

Im a 19 year old student, and my boyfriends mum Vivien told me about Geocashing, this im very intrested in. Im now wondering where every one is from, also if there are any intresting cashes within or near swindon (wiltshire) that people have found the most dificult. So far i know there is about 4 ive been told about and if there are any challening ones.

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

Edited by Burning Ice

Im a 19 year old student, and my boyfriends mum Vivien told me about Geocashing, this im very intrested in. Im now wondering where every one is from, also if there are any intresting cashes within or near swindon (wiltshire) that people have found the most dificult. So far i know there is about 4 ive been told about and if there are any challening ones.

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

Welcome!

The best way in my opinion to search for caches is to use Google Earth. If you do not already have it, you can download it free from Google. Once you have done that, you can dowload a little add-on to it from your account page on geocaching.com that shows caches in Google Earth. It is really, really useful. It's called a KML browser for Google Earth.

Otherise, you can put in your home co-ordinates on geocaching.com and search for your closest caches.

If you are after challenging caches, look for ones that have high difficulty raitings, and some multi-caches are devilish!

Enjoy.

Im from Aylesbury Buckinghamshire and it is packed full of caches aylesbury is famous for it's aylesbury duck and it's ugly architecture and also has a world record breaker living in it for having the lowest car produced by Perry Watkins which measures just 23.6 inches. from ground to roof and clears the ground by just 1 inch!

Other than that aylesbury's pretty rubbish!

Im from Aylesbury Buckinghamshire and it is packed full of caches aylesbury is famous for it's aylesbury duck and it's ugly architecture and also has a world record breaker living in it for having the lowest car produced by Perry Watkins which measures just 23.6 inches. from ground to roof and clears the ground by just 1 inch!

wow that was umm..

insightful, thank you, so from that i take it your into cars, unless thats really a very well known fact there, like here would be that melissa messenger lived in swindon also along with billy pipper and jamie cullam (i think thats how you spell it)

i know a few in swindon and also ive found one along with vivien, that was in lydiard park there was a wallet there, i remembered that coz i thought there might be a lucky £10 note there,, guess what .......... there wasnt, how upset was i! lol

nice to know there are other friendly people here!

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

Edited by Burning Ice

As my prifile thing to the left <--- says, I'm from Bexleyheath, in Kent. Not really famous for much, apart from being on a few police programs with stolen cars and drunken fights... :laughing:

Oh, Delia Smith went to my school, and that woman from the The Pretenders came from here too. I can't recall her name.

We could start a 'what is your town famous for' thread. It's kinda location related, or is that too loose of a connection?

Welcome!

The best way in my opinion to search for caches is to use Google Earth. If you do not already have it, you can download it free from Google. Once you have done that, you can dowload a little add-on to it from your account page on geocaching.com that shows caches in Google Earth. It is really, really useful. It's called a KML browser for Google Earth.

Otherise, you can put in your home co-ordinates on geocaching.com and search for your closest caches.

If you are after challenging caches, look for ones that have high difficulty raitings, and some multi-caches are devilish!

Enjoy.

Now that is a very clever and useful feature.

Bob

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

Hello Lisa

If Vivien is part of the Roving Rangies, she is responsible for a few caches herself - some of which are peculiarly tricky :rolleyes:

If you're looking for really hard ones, I can suggest Shrivenham Stumper or Endeavour to Communicate both of which are very hard.

I've done Endeavour but I'm completely stumped by the other one :mellow:

On the other hand, all my caches are very interesting and well worth a visit :laughing:

There's loads of caches round here - 63 within 10 miles of Rodbourne - so I think you'll be all right for a while.

Regards

civilised from Swindon

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

Hello Lisa

If Vivien is part of the Roving Rangies, she is responsible for a few caches herself - some of which are peculiarly tricky :laughing:

If you're looking for really hard ones, I can suggest Shrivenham Stumper or Endeavour to Communicate both of which are very hard.

I've done Endeavour but I'm completely stumped by the other one :rolleyes:

On the other hand, all my caches are very interesting and well worth a visit :mellow:

There's loads of caches round here - 63 within 10 miles of Rodbourne - so I think you'll be all right for a while.

Regards

civilised from Swindon

As the owner of Shrivenham Stumper I bask in Civilised's frustration! Welcome to one of the most addictive hobbies/sports - and friendly too!

Use it for fitness and fresh air, as a free tour guide(especially abroad), as a brain teaser and most of all for enjoyment!

Civilised's caches are well worth a visit, but there are loads in the Swindon area

As to the tricky ones I agree Endeavour to Communicate is excellent - it was the inspiration for mine

I have just left the area and am now based in Bristol, but I will keep Stumper going - you could be the second to find!

I am now planning my second cache - standby!

Hello Lisa i'm from Cumbria, not been caching since December due mainly to a dodgy leg, and i lost my net access for three months. You will find everyone helpful and friendly, caching is good fun, addictive, and healthy. If you need any help this is the place to get get it. Welcome to the mad world of Geocaching :laughing:

Hello!!

I'm Hazel and I love caching... sorry - thought I was in a "special meeting" then!!

I'm from Wirral, but you shouldn't hold that against me...

You can usually spot me at camping events.. I'm either making everyone bacon butties, or staggering around with a vodka bottle in my hand!

We have some great caches up here in Wirral and further out into Cheshire... If you ever want a caching partner up here, drop me a line!

Edited by HazelS

Aylesbury has a world record breaker living in it ...

We're also from Aylesbury - it's odd how such a small town can have so many caches!

Other famous people who live(d) here (or very close by): Jimmy Saville, David Jason, Jay Kay (with a handy cache near his house) and of course Tony Blair. :D:D

Welcome to the wonderful and addictive world of geocaching. For a brief list of what you might get up to, Alibag's profile is worth a read!!! :(

Hiya, Lisa!

I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and I'm here only because they haven't kicked me off yet.

Need any cats?

torry how could we chuck you off!! :( you're welcome to the relative sanity of the uk forums!

welcome lisa, down in the new forest for me.. but then if it is vivian from the rangies you know that..

matt

As my prifile thing to the left <--- says, I'm from Bexleyheath, in Kent. Not really famous for much, apart from being on a few police programs with stolen cars and drunken fights... :(

Oh, Delia Smith went to my school, and that woman from the The Pretenders came from here too. I can't recall her name.

Hey - I'm from Bexleyheath too! :D (originally). Steve Backley went to my old school, as did one half of Hale & Pace (never can remember which half!). :D Kate Bush :D was also from the area...

Now moved to the home of motor racing - Silverstone (where I'm not allowed to mention that Brands Hatch is a better circuit... :D ).

Hi, we're from Middlesex/West London.

"Famous" people from our neck of the woods include Sue Cook (former crimewatch presenter), Fearne Cotton and Russell Grant.

Good things about living here - we're on the edge of London so we can get out quickly when we want to :(

Oh, and we can get into London easily too, if we want to :D

Happy caching!

Edited by BikerKats

Im a 19 year old student, and my boyfriends mum Vivien told me about Geocashing, this im very intrested in.

cloud9.gif

What I would like to know... if it was your boyfriends mum who told you about caching.... Does your boyfriend cache... or now you are hooked.... is this going to be your first argument as he does not like caching ! :D:(:D

As my prifile thing to the left <--- says, I'm from Bexleyheath, in Kent. Not really famous for much, apart from being on a few police programs with stolen cars and drunken fights... :blink:

Hey - I'm from Bexleyheath too! :) (originally). Steve Backley went to my old school, as did one half of Hale & Pace (never can remember which half!). :lol: Kate Bush :) was also from the area...

Now moved to the home of motor racing - Silverstone (where I'm not allowed to mention that Brands Hatch is a better circuit... :o ).

That'll be St Colombus' school, then ;)

Bexleyheath is also famous for being the home of the lady that sold the UK's secrets on nuclear weapons to the Nazis :)

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

c4c5fc84-c40a-4654-878b-c68b8f7d34c2.jpg

I have to ask if this was another of Wizzies parking efforts, this picture was also taken on the same weekend in the same area. :lol:

But on to the real point...

We are The Morgan Mob (Gareth, Sarah, Beth (BK97) and Iwan), we are from Taunton in Somerset..

Nothing really interesting ever really happens here, but as with most other people there are some really great caches locally, with some really devious once set by Icarus

Geocaching is a really big friendly group of people who are all completely mad.. who are all happy to spent our days searching for Tupperware!!! :blink::)

Many thanks

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

c4c5fc84-c40a-4654-878b-c68b8f7d34c2.jpg

I have to ask if this was another of Wizzies parking efforts, this picture was also taken on the same weekend in the same area. :blink:

But on to the real point...

We are The Morgan Mob (Gareth, Sarah, Beth (BK97) and Iwan), we are from Taunton in Somerset..

Nothing really interesting ever really happens here, but as with most other people there are some really great caches locally, with some really devious once set by Icarus

Geocaching is a really big friendly group of people who are all completely mad.. who are all happy to spent our days searching for Tupperware!!! :lol::o

Unless I have defied the laws of physics, time etc, no :)

I'm now wondering where every one is from........

Lisa

xXx

cloud9.gif

To judge by some of the postings on this forum..... Planet Zog !! :(:(:)

No you don't!

Anyway Lisa is a nice girl, so proper answers only please

From de management!!!!

Vivien

Roving Rangies

Sheesh! Where's the fun in that?