Garmin 60CSx on it's way!

bueller44

:blink: My 60CSx should be here Tuesday ;) I have the Mapsource TOPO Canada CD rom coming with it.

Is this enough for me to use in the city? I know the TOPO map will be awesome for going out in the bush fishing and hiking etc., just wondering if the combination of the base map that is already on the unit and the TOPO maps give enough detail?

Is there another map that I should get?

Last question........are the maps on the Garmin website the only maps compatible with the 60CSx or are there other map providers out there? Any freeware type maps?

Topo Canada has all the same roads as Metroguide Canada. The road data is very complete for all of Canada but around 5 years old or so. If you want newer road data, you need to get City Navigator which is only around 3 year old data. It depends where you live and cache as to whether this will cause problems. I would suggest using it for a while and then decide.

Where do you live?? Garmin holds the map system as a proprietary format, but there are some "other" maps out there. Topo Canada is pretty good for Canada coverage especially for the price.

Edited by Red90

:D My 60CSx should be here Tuesday :D I have the Mapsource TOPO Canada CD rom coming with it.

Is this enough for me to use in the city? I know the TOPO map will be awesome for going out in the bush fishing and hiking etc., just wondering if the combination of the base map that is already on the unit and the TOPO maps give enough detail?

Is there another map that I should get?

Last question........are the maps on the Garmin website the only maps compatible with the 60CSx or are there other map providers out there? Any freeware type maps?

I got the Metroguide Canada v4. And also City Navigator North America v8. Where about in Canada are u? hey i sent u an email...not sure if you got it...you wrote me so i wrote back, but never got respond