21 month old cache in Indiana that has never been found!

Will+Bill

yeah.... I think I remember this cache.............it actually sits within view of a friend of mines house maybe i'll go sit in their back yard and watch you all go after it.

p.s. don't try swimming across the river barefoot I learned the hard way(a tetanus shot) that a FTF isn't worht it!

Ow! What did you step on?

I recconoitered it a couple of weeks ago with intent on swimming for it, but decided it was not worth it after seeing the location and the river hazards extant.

I have thought about asking Walkin Willie if I could borry his (DNR) boat. :huh:

There's prolly some reg against that.

There is a big thread on the main forum about a similar hide in Maryland- only hidden on top of 140' bridge pylon (just in case somebody might have missed the thread- not likely)

I assume this one is easily accessible once one arrives at the pylon.

Maybe I shouldn't give away my secret, but I'm hoping for a couple of really cold weeks this winter then I might go walking on water (tethered of course).

I wonder if there is a boat rental place anywhere close.

Don't know for sure, but I checked the non-city side of the river and the road runs into posted land. I did not see any public access sites nearby, so I would assume the answer is no.

I would probably use a john boat and put in off the city street just a little upstream of the cache if I were going by boat.

It should really be very easy. It amazes me that noone has got it yet.

I just noticed this neat threat about this obviously neat cache, as I have been slumming B):laughing::wub: in the Midwest regional forum in preparation for my 8 day trip to Kalamazoo (Kazoo) MI tomorrow (Wednesday.) I was impressed enuf with this cache that I have added it to our Caches Long Unfound bookmark list and our Extreme Caches bookmark list -- both are public lists. Gee... if Kazoo were just a bit closer to the cache site, I would seriously consider driving down with my friend Taj and tackling this one during my stay in Kazoo! Of course, if I were to do that, then I would need to pack my inflatable kayak and paddles for the air trip, and then pay the airline for the extra luggage... sigh!

Anyway, sounds like fun, and I envy those of you living in Indiana who live close enuf to this one to tackle it!