Signature Items

Cyclemanics

What is $1.00 GC for Tim Horton's?

You can leave whatever you'd like, but try to make it a bit useful, otherwise, it will be looked at as trash and worthless to trade/pick up.

I would guess it is a gift certificate from Tim's. Do I get one for guessing right??? :laughing:

For our U.S. friends, Tim's is a major coffee/donut chain in Canada.

Tequila

Edited by Tequila

I use a laminated business card that I have designed up. it has my geocache name on it. and a picture that I took while I was out caching.

but it is totally up to you to use or leave what you want. that is what makes this such a fun sport at times.

Yuk!, cards and personalized items quickly fill up small caches and litter the container with useless items that eventually have to be thrown out. I don't mind stickers, but anything else, I generally frown upon.

I've left my brass hand stamped Sig Disc in many caches with it being taken by others shortly after I drop it in. I've also been asked to trade it for other cacher's Sig items. As for the 11 active caches I have out, none of them are full of liter or geo-junk. NE Ohio must be the exception, I guess!

My signature item is a fully attributed, cleaned, and flipped 2000 year old coin with my geo-handle on the label. I have yet to see them rest in a cache for long or be referred to/thrown out as 'litter'. I rarely remove anything from a cache but leave my sig item for others to take/swap. Finding one seems to provide a thrill for kids between 8 and 88, which is my intent all along.

I leave Wooden Nickels in most caches that are big enough. I hand-woodburn them, and I'm getting a rubber stamp pretty soon, to make it faster. :laughing:

I'm curious here, for your 'nickels', do you cut them off a wooden dowel, or do you get them precut & blank from someplace else?

In my area the Kalmar Nyckel (DE's tall ship) sold wooden nickles with stuff imprinted on both sides so was thinking of doing something similar.

Can get them custom made but at this point I dont want too, maybe if I ever do alum coins or brass but not for wood.

Golf pencils are a good idea too but unless I get them custom made I can not find them in my local area. (wierd area that has like no decent golf shops)

Thanks,

Diane