Lackey Coins For Sale?

Go JayBee

I had recently bid on a Lackey Coin at that "E-place"...

Just hours before the auction ended, the seller has offered me the chance to "retract" my bid on the Lackey Coin, due to the fact it was mis-represented as being "Un-Activated". After doing a little research, learned that most of the Lackey Coins are indeed "owned" by "Signal The Frog".

I'm in a bit of a quandry here...I've "won" the item and would really like to have it, but don't want the stigma attached to buying a coin which is not owned by the seller. There are many of you out there who have sold items to me and can vouch to the fact that I usually pay within minutes of winning. Well, its not gonna happen here (spoken in my best Church Lady voice).

I would really like to have one these coins, but I refuse to get one this way. If someone has an extra they would be willing to trade me, I can gauranteee that I would be able to come up with a trade of equal collectable value.

After doing a little research, learned that most of the Lackey Coins are indeed "owned" by "Signal The Frog".

Huh, that's funny because the 2 lackey coins I have aren't owned by Signal the Frog. One is owned by me and the other is owned by the one and only OpinionNate.

Sorry JayBee, I ain't trading either one of them! :laughing:

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

I noticed that too. I was curious about it because the Lackey coin I have is also owned by Signal. I am guessing that they all are but who knows. I did a sweet trade to get it under the assumption that it was unactivated, Heck I didn't even check the number until several weeks had passed after I had already gotten it. I'm not too terribly torn up about it. I went ahead and logged it into my inventory. :laughing:

Edited by 57chevy

I've got mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, it wasn't taken from a cache and then put up for profit. It appears that the sellers entire collection is going up, so is it less of an issue because they're getting out of it?

On the other hand I think that coins that don't belong to you shouldn't be sold.

Guess I'm not much help am I.

If it were me I'd write to Signal the Frog for advice. When in doubt, go to the source. ... Oh wait that's for puzzle caches... :laughing:

If the coin is owned by Signal the Frog (he has 1900 Lackey coins in his trackables owned list), then I would defer to him. If he is okay with coin being sold, and you still want to pay that kind of $$ for it then buy it and perhaps he will adopt it out to you. If the frog was unware his coin was being auctioned, and does not approve of the sale, then I'd tell the seller sorry.

I only glanced at a few of the coins and didn't see any "these coins are not to be sold" language, but there are lots of activated coins.

JRR

Jaybee, Did he state who was the owner of the coin ?? If he activated himself a simple adoption request would do, If owned by someone else or the FROG, I would pass in a hurry, My 2 cents Glenn

They did tell me that "Groundspeak" was the owner. That DID throw up a big red flag to me. Thanx for the advice and the support...

Interesting is, that I ask the seller, if the coin is activated. He wrote me it is NOT activated. I think we speek from the same Lackey coin.

Another important thing in this auction was, that the seller has no feedback!

regards Marc

I totally agree! Zero feedback is very suspicious... :laughing:

Interesting is, that I ask the seller, if the coin is activated. He wrote me it is NOT activated. I think we speek from the same Lackey coin.

Another important thing in this auction was, that the seller has no feedback!

regards Marc

I totally agree! Zero feedback is very suspicious... :laughing:

Not really. If you look what the seller was selling (all their listings), it appears to be a second ebay account for someone many in these forums would know. I just wonder why that person is hiding/trying to hide their identity.

I think it was good choice to not go through with buying the coin.

As for the seller I rarely buy from zero feedback sellers. But we all started with no feedback, so maybe they are ok. Making listing mistakes is not going to earn them any confidence.

It does seem odd that they have such an extensive collection including some HTF coins but yet they are not familiar with the coins and do not visit the forums.

"They" don't have an extensive collection. The spouse was left and the coins are being sold to cover personal issues.

You're on the nosey, Hula Bum. I have the okey dokey to tell you folks what is going on.

The person selling the coins is my son-in-law. He is not a coin collector. He is not a cacher. He doesn't even like caching. (OK, calm down everyone <_< ) His wife (my daughter, Ladycacher) has been living elsewhere for a while now and has left him with the 2 boys and a pile of unpaid bills while continuing to run up more bills. So he is selling stuff to pay bills, care for the boys, and pay legal expenses.

The Lackey coin thing was simply a mistake because he doesn't know anything about these coins.

Anyone that has had any dealings with me knows that I do not cover for people and that I'm a straight shooter. This is the definitive straight scoop.

There. Now you know what is going on and can stop the speculation and call off the dogs.

This is all I am going to say about any of their business and, on his behalf, I ask everyone else to not pile on the rumor bandwagon. Please leave these people to deal with their lives.

Semper Questio

Best of luck to your son-in-law and grandsons and daughter.

Not that it is anyones business but he should have said a bit more in those auctions instead just leaving all the speculation and rumors to fly.

The geocoin community has given him and his family thousands of dollars in donations and whether or not he likes geocaching (the horror :o:)) he and she owe the community something.

I really do hope their situation works out.

And again, Hula Bum speaks wisely. At the time the auctions started he could not say anything. Besides, it is not just folks here that would see that. Would YOU want to advertise YOUR personal business to the world on an auction site?

Also, what more was there to say? He had what he knew were geocoins to sell. The auctions said that. Should he have thought to come here to bow before the "community" and tell everyone what was happening and get their blessing before taking care of business?

As for the donations issue, I can't say much on that, but he had asked Ladycacher to not accept anything from anyone. She chose to do otherwise. Some people in this forum jumped the gun, blew things out of proportion, and she did nothing to correct it. Seems to me she is the one that has some explaining to do, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There is more to this but I am not at liberty to go into it.

He doesn't owe this community a thing. Someone else clearly does, but not him. In fact, with some of the things I know, I can clearly see where many in this "community" owes him...BIG TIME.

Alright I am going to go out on a limb and I hope I don't piss someone off, but I do believe the person that started this thread got his answer. Mr Jaybee Sir :o , I would hope that you would consider locking this thread since your question has been answered.

I could be wrong and no one has to agree with me but I do believe that this thread is getting a bit personal and perhaps teetering on the fact that it is none of our business what is going on with this family. They have been in the spot light long enough.

<puts on flame suit>

Now I know everyone is going to say that it is our business since we all contributed to the cause, I would dare say there is bigger fish to fry that to worry about where our money has gone. We all donated to the cause at the time for the sake of the family, what ever that capacity may be, so let it be. There is not alot we can do as a caching community than to hope the best for the family. What has been done, has been done. I still stand by my donations, and could care less if I get anything in return!

</puts on flame suit>

Well put Damenace.

I have gone one step further and emailed the person that started the thread asking that the right thing is done.

I truly did not try to piss anyone off and if I did well I am sorry, but something has to be done. In my opinion the other thread needs to be closed down as well.