Absolutely Amazing!

keith1h

I purchased a GPS unit because I kept getting lost while mountain biking in the back roads of Alabama. I am amazed to discover this world of Geocaching and was completely taken by surprise that I have probably ridden within feet of some caches and never even knew it.

It does however, explain some of the people I've noticed in odd areas.

I purchased a GPS unit because I kept getting lost while mountain biking in the back roads of Alabama. I am amazed to discover this world of Geocaching and was completely taken by surprise that I have probably ridden within feet of some caches and never even knew it.

It does however, explain some of the people I've noticed in odd areas.

Hey there! I for one would like to welcome you to the wonderful, and occasionally odd, world of GCing!

I shared your sense of awe aobut the vast numberof GC's I had passed on a regular basis w/o even knowing they were there including - across the street from my church, near a grocery store I visit often, 800 ft away from my door at work. It's freaky and kinda hoo-hoo!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I and I'm sure the rest of us have.

I drove past this one power-line pole many, many times, and most of the time I noticed a bright orange tag with numbers on it. I didn't think anything of it because, well, poles are numbered.

But I discovered this past weekend that the orange "tag" is a hint to a multi-cache.

It's odd what you notice after you start Geocaching...

Edited by Civisi

I drove past this one power-line pole many, many times, and most of the time I noticed a bright orange tag with numbers on it. I didn't think anything of it because, well, poles are numbered.

But I discovered this past weekend that the orange "tag" is a hint to a multi-cache.

It's odd what you notice after you start Geocaching...

I share your sentiments. My kids (The Crew) and I started this GC stuff just last week, and were amazed at the number of caches in our area. We have found several within 10km of the house. We look forward to doing some travelling across Canada just to GC. :anitongue: (working for an airline doesn't hurt, either)

Jester & Crew