PDA vulnerability

After being dropped in a river by me on sunday night I was pleasently surprised yesterday when my XDA2i came back to life after a good dry out, a few previous attempts just left the screen flickering hopelessly but it finally got it together.

All I have to do now is get rid of the damp splat between the lcd and touchscreen :)

Anyone know of a fish with a use for a pda? :)

...on the other hand, I can tell you that my experiments have revealed you can't clean a Sony Viao by pouring a glass of red wine into the keyboard and frantically shaking it upside down like an etch-a-sketch.

...but if you put a plastic bag through a laser printer you can chip it off after it has gone cold :)

Not forgetting that a lot of electronic things don't mind being wet - until you touch a button to see if they still work. Generally best to stick wet kit it in the airing cupboard for a couple of days before you touch anything - if it's bust it was bust already anyway, if it is OK you've probably avoided busting it by trying it out while wet to see if it still works :)

Haven't used them yet but there seem to be a few sites around to fix problems that make people throw PDAs away - e.g. inverted screens/won't charge up/cracked screens/touchscreens/failed backlights etc

...on the other hand, I can tell you that my experiments have revealed you can't clean a Sony Viao by pouring a glass of red wine into the keyboard and frantically shaking it upside down like an etch-a-sketch.

...but if you put a plastic bag through a laser printer you can chip it off after it has gone cold :D

and I am reliably infomed that laminators don't like it when you attempt to laminate documents with attached TB dog tags :D

Usually when boating I have a lanyard around the leather wallet attached to my belt loop which has saved it many a time but this particular day we fell across a riverside pub with a good band on in the afternoon so stopped for a beer or two(read as seven), by the time we got to the planned overnight mooring(another pub) we may have been a little intoxicated and didn't use the lanyard when going to the pub, it was leaning down to open the canopy when the 'sploosh' was heard.

I just can't see why boaters are assumed pi**ed until proven otherwise :lol:

I guess if it survived once it'll survive again :blink: