Prehistoric Engineering and Scientific Marvels

I've been thinking of a category for Prehistoric Engineering and Scientific Marvels. This would include things like Stonehenge, the Easter Island statues, solar calendars, etc.

Is this a viable category?

If so, when should I define prehistory as ending? History is usually defined as begining with written records. In Egypt, China, and the Middle East written history is longer than in the Americas and Europe. Does there need to be different time periods for each region?

A civilization that no longer exists could be enough.

Creations from a Lost Civilization kind of idea would be a great category to promote vacationing waymarks. Much of North America might be 'too new' for this, but petrogylphs and such might fit. Of course Mexico is full of examples.

There was another proposal about Native Indian things.. I don't recall what happened there.

:) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

Probably you should keep this narrowed down a bit. I was thinking of a category called ancient astronomical observatories (as opposed to the existing astronomical observatories category). There are already categories for Ancient Aquaducts and New World Ancient Evidence.

A narrow focus may be easier to define. Prehistoric Engineering and Scientific Marvels requires

1. a definition of prehistoric
  2. a definition of what is an engineering or scientific marvel