Lordelph's Lovely Icons

lordelph

Thinking..,

I think when you've finished thinking you'll see that you are not putting the icons or memory.txt in the correct places when using a >>>>NEW<<<< installation of GSAK.

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK\MACROS

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK\USERIMAGES

are what you should be using, and NOT

C:\PROGRAM FILES\GSAK\

C:\PROGRAM FILES\GSAK\MACROS

C:\PROGRAM FILES\GSAK\USERIMAGES

So MEMORY.TXT goes in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK

Icons go in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK\USERIMAGES

ICON.TXT macro goes in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<user name>\APPLICATION DATA\GSAK\MACROS

Best of luck,

Jon.

I am having the same blue dot problem. I have just got a new PC and installed as per the guide into new installations of Memory Map and GSAK. Then I saw the above post by Dakar4x4 and I had made exactly the mistake as described. However, I can't find any of these folders on my computer:

I am running Windows 7, so I guess things may have changed. Anyone know what I should do?

I am having the same blue dot problem. I have just got a new PC and installed as per the guide into new installations of Memory Map and GSAK. Then I saw the above post by Dakar4x4 and I had made exactly the mistake as described. However, I can't find any of these folders on my computer:

I am running Windows 7, so I guess things may have changed. Anyone know what I should do?

They tend to be hidden files.

You'll likely have to change options for folders to display hidden files. :)

They tend to be hidden files.

You'll likely have to change options for folders to display hidden files. :)

Thanks for that. I found the files and put the appropriate files in them but still have the blue dots.

From GSAK use the "TOOLS" menu option and select "Folder Finder". You can then go straight to the folders in question.

Cheers,

Jon.

That's a good way of finding the folders. Now with everything in its right place, I just need to understand why all the waypoints are still blue dots and not the icons!

Edited by Pieman

If you are just exporting from GSAK to Memory Map on the PC (and not to a PDA as well) then use Rutson's macro. Includes all the icons and works very well. Just let GSAK install the macro and away you go. Options on the export dialogue to have the cache name or GC displayed (%code or %name) in the Name box.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

If you are just exporting from GSAK to Memory Map on the PC (and not to a PDA as well) then use Rutson's macro. Includes all the icons and works very well. Just let GSAK install the macro and away you go. Options on the export dialogue to have the cache name or GC displayed (%code or %name) in the Name box.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Thanks, Chris, that works fine.