Lordelph's Lovely Icons

lordelph

I've been having the very same problem - I solved my blue dots by editing the memory.txt file in main GSAK directory. The memory.txt file showed an incorrect GSAK installation path - so when it went looking for icons they could not be found. I used the replace command in notepad to alter the file to point to correct location of user images, where my new icons were held. All has worked fine since.

Not sure if that helps

Andy

Me too - Windows Vista has different directories so I solved the 'blue spot' problem it by editing the memory.txt and gsak.ini files in main GSAK directory.

The GSAK installation is at C:\GSAK\ instead of C:\Program Files\GSAK and 'My Documents' has changed from C:\Documents and Settings\.......\My Documents\ to C:\Users\.........\Documents\

It works fine now.

I've been having the very same problem - I solved my blue dots by editing the memory.txt file in main GSAK directory. The memory.txt file showed an incorrect GSAK installation path - so when it went looking for icons they could not be found. I used the replace command in notepad to alter the file to point to correct location of user images, where my new icons were held. All has worked fine since.

Not sure if that helps

Andy

I have the Wherigo caches appearing as random icons in Memory Map after export from GSAK. I tried to edit my Memory.txt file but I don't have one in GSAK! I'm running xp. Any ideas?

:huh:

I've finally got round to looking at GSAK & Lordelphs icons

I'm not at all techy and merely follow instructions.

Sorry I'm asking dumb questions & I guess you've answered these many times before but help would be really appreciated.

I thought the instructions given by BC Moore were great, perfect for users like me, though my folders were slightly different

I followed them to download to my PC

But all I have on MM is blue dots. I can see the description next to the dot. Which I think means MM is confused. Like me.

There were no icons to delete from MM

I've changed owner id to my own

I found folders called c:/program files/gsak/Macros, MMExport & UserImages

I put descriptionhack.txt & icons.txt in Macros

There was also a folder called MMExport so I bunged them in there too for good measure

memory.txt is in gsak/MMExport

all the icons are in gsak/UserImages

I'm on Windows XP & MM is 5.1.3. Build 716

Can anyone suggest what I can do to solve this?

If it involves delving into the code, I need help!

Edited by stonefielders

I too am having trouble with Wherigo caches. The Knutsford one is showing the correct colour as I have found it but it is showing a letterbox icon and not a Wherigo. Any ideas?

I've downloaded the latest Lordelph icons, found from the GSAK forum that the cache type id appears to be "I" and edited Edgemaster's files as best I can as a non-programmer type. And I've still got a letterbox :laughing: .

MBF

I too am having trouble with Wherigo caches. The Knutsford one is showing the correct colour as I have found it but it is showing a letterbox icon and not a Wherigo. Any ideas?

I've downloaded the latest Lordelph icons, found from the GSAK forum that the cache type id appears to be "I" and edited Edgemaster's files as best I can as a non-programmer type. And I've still got a letterbox :laughing: .

MBF

I had the problem of the Wherigo icon not showing.

Updated GSAK, and re-loaded the GPX for the Wherigo caches. It worked.

Meanwhile, had asked on the GSAK forum and running "Repair/Defrag" was suggested.

G

I had the problem of the Wherigo icon not showing.

Updated GSAK, and re-loaded the GPX for the Wherigo caches. It worked.

Meanwhile, had asked on the GSAK forum and running "Repair/Defrag" was suggested.

G

Not showing where? GSAK is fine - my problem is with MemoryMap.

MBF

Thw whole GSAK to MM think totally confused me with all the macros so insteat I wrote GPXtoMM which converts pocket queries into a csv file that can be imported into MM. It also incorporates Lordelph's Lovely Icons into the csv file so that they show up as well.

If your using cachemate, it sorts the links to open that, or you can have it direct to the website.

I just had a thought... I know GSAK can export to html files... perhaps I'll add an option to link to those in a specified directory.... hmmm.

Anyway, might help you to get the icons into MM for you to use.

(best bit ... it's FREE)

Cust.

Trying to use these icons but can't get my user id for the macro.

My GC username is not the same as my forum name.....Long Story and they can't change it.....

User name is The Jones'

Any help appreciated.

Brian.

try 2864

Or maybe not... :ph34r:

edit

GeocacheUK >my stats you will see 'Bear and Ragged's cacher id is 442550'

except it should say The Jones' cacher id is ****

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Trying to use these icons but can't get my user id for the macro.

My GC username is not the same as my forum name.....Long Story and they can't change it.....

User name is The Jones'

Any help appreciated.

Brian.

Have you tried using your number instead of your name - you're 702806

(move your cursor over your name to the left of your post above, and your id shows at the bottom of the screen)

Edited to add - and my MM icons started going loopy a couple of weeks ago - I haven't changed any settings or imported any new icons into MM, but all of a sudden I'm getting blue dots....

Have GC changed something in the PQ's?

Edited by keehotee

Edited to add - and my MM icons started going loopy a couple of weeks ago - I haven't changed any settings or imported any new icons into MM, but all of a sudden I'm getting blue dots....

Have GC changed something in the PQ's?

I thought it was only me who was having this problem with the blue dots

Just bumping this one - late starter here - just got MM and I'd love to use lordelph's lovely icons :( just haven't a clue where to start and I don't much fancy trawling through three year's worth of forum threads.......

So, can anyone give me a quick guide to what I should do? I've downloaded the icons file from the first thread.......

Thanking you all kindly :)

Thanking you kindly ;) Though I followed exactly those instructions and still ended up with blue dots :rolleyes:

Me too. I've just updated my icons and have followed the suggested procedure to the letter. All is fine on the PC but when I transfer the MM data to my PPC all I see are the dreaded blue dots. Is there something on the PPC I have to add or delete?

I’ve got most of it working the only problem I have is with Wherigo caches they show up as blue dots and I can’t figure out where the problem is.

Open your memory.txt file (should be in your GSAK directory) and count the number of icons you have defined, that is how many lines of text are there. If there are more than 75 defined, you have overloaded the capacity of Pocket Navigator and will have to remove some.

EDITED TO ADD... I've just had a look at Edgemasters memory.txt file from the MMEXPORT.ZIP file above and he has exceeded the limit of Pocket Navigator with a massive 91 icons defined! I suggest you rationalise what is displayed. What is there currently is not compatible with Pocket Navigator on the Pocket PC, although it will work fine with Memory Map on the PC.

Jon.

Edited by Dakar4x4

A possible solution to the icon limit I have been thinking of doing is having a seperate icon defined to indicate if a Travel Bug is present in the cache. This second icon will be a different shape/size to the regular cache icon, such that is will show along with it, I.E. it could be just a black border slightly larger than the regular icon, but with a transparent centre to allow the regular one to show through. For caches with a TB a second icon entry could be created. This would almost halve the number of defined icons required as you wouldn't need two versions of most of them.

Cheers,

Jon.

Open your memory.txt file (should be in your GSAK directory) and count the number of icons you have defined, that is how many lines of text are there. If there are more than 75 defined, you have overloaded the capacity of Pocket Navigator and will have to remove some.

Thanks Jon by reducing the number of icons in Memory.text the Wherigo icon now works

Andy

EDITED TO ADD... I've just had a look at Edgemasters memory.txt file from the MMEXPORT.ZIP file above and he has exceeded the limit of Pocket Navigator with a massive 91 icons defined! I suggest you rationalise what is displayed. What is there currently is not compatible with Pocket Navigator on the Pocket PC, although it will work fine with Memory Map on the PC.

Jon.

Oh yes I should have mentioned that there is over 90 now, I found the easiest way was to delete the ones I owned & found icons aswell as the ones I dont do, like Wherigo etc. Brought mine down to under the 75 mark and all was well again with my Ipaq

Hi, my first post.

I have been saving each loc file and pulling each into MM, its been a pain. Looking at this post made it a bit easier, but would have liked a up to date installation method, instead of looking through so may posts, however looks like I have had all the issues as discussed, but I think I am there, even knowing what GSAK is (I think this is part of the geothing and giving clues that need solving) and where to download, then to ensure you load this program in program files dir or you need to do more edits. then to get your id. main reason for the post so I can get my ID.

So hi and I hope I can simple go paperless on my PDA and MM.

Jas

Hi, my first post.

I have been saving each loc file and pulling each into MM, its been a pain. Looking at this post made it a bit easier, but would have liked a up to date installation method, instead of looking through so may posts, however looks like I have had all the issues as discussed, but I think I am there, even knowing what GSAK is (I think this is part of the geothing and giving clues that need solving) and where to download, then to ensure you load this program in program files dir or you need to do more edits. then to get your id. main reason for the post so I can get my ID.

Jas

Hi

Good luck with your set up, if you have any problems come back as Im sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi, my first post.

Jas

I use Geocache Log which will export a CSV file for Memory Map and ot will also download the Cache Notes and Logs to your iPod classic or nano.

It keeps a log of your Found, To Find and Hidden caches as well as a Log for amy TB's/Geocoins you have.

So easy to use take a look at it HERE :rolleyes:

Oh yes and it will use LordElph's icons in Memory Map

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Just made a note of something today and I'm adding it here rather than starting a new thread.

Driving along today I notices a MM cache that I had found with bugs in it was not showing an Icon on the MM pda.. Getting home I checked on the comp and the Icon was there so checked again on the PDA and noticed a blue dot instead of icon.. "Properties" showed that the I con did not seem to be available on the PDA.. Is there a limit on Icons on the handhelds?

All other Icons including MM seem ok just the one with bugs in..

Ideas?

Just made a note of something today and I'm adding it here rather than starting a new thread.

Driving along today I notices a MM cache that I had found with bugs in it was not showing an Icon on the MM pda.. Getting home I checked on the comp and the Icon was there so checked again on the PDA and noticed a blue dot instead of icon.. "Properties" showed that the I con did not seem to be available on the PDA.. Is there a limit on Icons on the handhelds?

All other Icons including MM seem ok just the one with bugs in..

Ideas?

Yep, there's a limit. I removed all the TB indicators from my script to make sure the icons were correct.

Thanks for the help on this forum. I too, like others have been confused about the logos appearing correctly on MM on the PC but not on the pocket PC. I've now deleted icons that I won't likely to be seeing trimming the list to under 75 (allowing for some of the native Memory Map ones too) and it all now works - the blue dots have gone!

I'll just have to switch the icons in and out depending on what sort of caches I'm going for.

I've been using this script for some time now and all works fine except for one thing. I can't get the Final icon to display on the PC version of MM. All I get is the blue dot. All other icons display fine but not this one....anyone had something similar and/or can suggest a remedy?

I've been using this script for some time now and all works fine except for one thing. I can't get the Final icon to display on the PC version of MM. All I get is the blue dot. All other icons display fine but not this one....anyone had something similar and/or can suggest a remedy?

Evening Dino-irl,

Are you using the scripts 'out of the box' and un-edited, or have you changed anything? Could do with seeing your "memory.txt" file from your installed GSAK directory if possible to better diagnose it.

Cheers,

Jon.

As Jon says your memory.txt file should be made up of lines like this as standard

"C:\programfiles\gsak\UserImages\_blank_N.bmp","Default"

as standard now Gsak installs into c:\GSAK

so all the lines should contain

"C:\gsak\UserImages\_blank_N.bmp","Default"

This is the normal reason for the blue dots

Dave

as standard now Gsak installs into c:\GSAK

so all the lines should contain

"C:\gsak\UserImages\_blank_N.bmp","Default"

This is the normal reason for the blue dots

Fuzzybears is correct in that its often the path here that causes the problem but please check the path maually to make sure the bmp's are there as depending on how you installed GSAK V7.6 you may find the UserImages directory is held in the application data area i.e. something like this.

C:\Documents and Settings\<your logon name>\Application Data\gsak\UserImages

Within V7.6 clyde also installs the folder finder program and you should use this to find out exactly where on your PC the application data folder is and you should find the UserImages directory here.

The Final.bmp file is in this directory: C:\gsak\UserImages

The content of the memory.txt file is below

All of the icons work except this one which is weird. I've had the file installed for so long now that I can't remember if I changed any settings. If nobody can see what is wrong here straight away I guess the easiest thing would be to delete and do a reinstall?

500,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_N.bmp","Default"

501,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_U.bmp","Unavailable Default"

502,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_F.bmp","Found Default"

201,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventN.bmp","Event"

202,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxN.bmp","Letterbox"

204,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroN.bmp","Micro"

205,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheN.bmp","Multi"

206,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalN.bmp","Traditional"

207,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownN.bmp","Mystery"

208,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\VirtualN.bmp","Virtual"

209,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\WebcamN.bmp","Webcam"

210,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EarthN.bmp","Earthcache"

211,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_N.bmp","MM"

215,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TrigN.bmp","Trigpoint"

401,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventU.bmp","Unavailable Event"

402,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxU.bmp","Unavailable Letterbox"

404,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroU.bmp","Unavailable Micro"

405,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheU.bmp","Unavailable Multi"

406,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalU.bmp","Unavailable Traditional"

407,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownU.bmp","Unavailable Mystery"

408,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\VirtualU.bmp","Unavailable Virtual"

409,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\WebcamU.bmp","Unavailable Webcam"

410,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EarthU.bmp","Unavailable Earthcache"

411,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_U.bmp","Unavailable MM"

415,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TrigU.bmp","Unavailable Trigpoint"

101,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventF.bmp","Found Event"

102,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxF.bmp","Found Letterbox"

104,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroF.bmp","Found Micro"

105,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheF.bmp","Found Multi"

106,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalF.bmp","Found Traditional"

107,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownF.bmp","Found Mystery"

108,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\VirtualF.bmp","Found Virtual"

109,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\WebcamF.bmp","Found Webcam"

110,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EarthF.bmp","Found Earthcache"

111,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_F.bmp","Found MM"

115,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TrigF.bmp","Found Trigpoint"

301,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventO.bmp","Owned Event"

302,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxO.bmp","Owned Letterbox"

304,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroO.bmp","Owned Micro"

305,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheO.bmp","Owned Multi"

306,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalO.bmp","Owned Traditional"

307,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownO.bmp","Owned Mystery"

308,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\VirtualO.bmp","Owned Virtual"

309,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\WebcamO.bmp","Owned Webcam"

310,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EarthO.bmp","Owned Earthcache"

311,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_O.bmp","Owned MM"

1500,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_NBug.bmp","Bug Default"

1501,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_UBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Default"

1502,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\_blank_FBug.bmp","Bug Found Default"

1201,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventNBug.bmp","Bug Event"

1202,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxNBug.bmp","Bug Letterbox"

1204,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroNBug.bmp","Bug Micro"

1205,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheNBug.bmp","Bug Multi"

1206,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalNBug.bmp","Bug Traditional"

1207,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownNBug.bmp","Bug Mystery"

1211,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_NBug.bmp","Bug MM"

1401,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventUBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Event"

1402,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxUBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Letterbox"

1404,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroUBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Micro"

1405,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheUBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Multi"

1406,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalUBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable Traditional"

1407,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownU.bmp","Bug Unavailable Mystery"

1411,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_UBug.bmp","Bug Unavailable MM"

1101,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventFBug.bmp","Bug Found Event"

1102,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxFBug.bmp","Bug Found Letterbox"

1104,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroFBug.bmp","Bug Found Micro"

1105,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheFBug.bmp","Bug Found Multi"

1106,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalFBug.bmp","Bug Found Traditional"

1107,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownFBug.bmp","Bug Found Mystery"

1111,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_FBug.bmp","Bug Found MM"

1301,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\EventOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Event"

1302,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\LetterboxOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Letterbox"

1304,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MicroOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Micro"

1305,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MulticacheOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Multi"

1306,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\TraditionalOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Traditional"

1307,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\UnknownOBug.bmp","Bug Owned Mystery"

1311,"C:\GSAK\UserImages\MM_OBug.bmp","Bug Owned MM"

1601,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Parking_sign.bmp","Parking"

1602,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Stages.bmp","Stages"

1603,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Final.bmp","Final"

1604,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Trailhead.bmp","Trailhead"

1605,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Question.bmp","Question"

1606,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Reference.bmp","Reference"

I've had the same problem when looking at the MM overlay on my PDA. I had to edit the Memory.txt file to remove a lot of the icons as the PDA can only handle I think 76 or something like that. It all works fine but every so often when I transfer the data some icons show as blue dots. If I re-create the MM export in GSAK and transfer it again it will be fine.

I put it down to being 'one of those things that happen'........ no idea why!

Chris (MrB)

The Final.bmp file is in this directory: C:\gsak\UserImages

The content of the memory.txt file is below

All of the icons work except this one which is weird. I've had the file installed for so long now that I can't remember if I changed any settings. If nobody can see what is wrong here straight away I guess the easiest thing would be to delete and do a reinstall?

1601,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Parking_sign.bmp","Parking"

1602,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Stages.bmp","Stages"

1603,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Final.bmp","Final"

1604,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Trailhead.bmp","Trailhead"

1605,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Question.bmp","Question"

1606,"C:\GSAK\userimages\Reference.bmp","Reference"

Hmm... Looks ok, and you have the Final icon in c:\gsak\userimages... can we see a copy of your icons.txt file from your macros directory? I do know the first release was setup wrongly with "Final Location" rather than just "Final" in the description field. The only other thing I can think of is when you run the macro, do you have the finals not 'flagged' and have the box ticked to only export 'flagged' icons?

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by Dakar4x4

My PDA (Mio A201) seems to have an even lower limit, I've never been able to define more that 15 additional icons on the PDA before the dreaded blue dots appear, however the correct icons always appear on the PC.

The limit imposed is I believe from the Memory Map application, not the hardware you are running it on, but I maybe wrong. What version of Memory Map and Pocket Navigator are you running? My 75 limit is with Memory Map Version 5.3.2 Build 1019

May also be worth deleting all the icons from Pocket Navigator manually, prior to sending the new ones from the PC?

Cheers,

Jon.

Before loading I have manually deleted all additional icons from Memory-Map on the PC and erased the overlay and backup overlay files from the PDA. I would normally expect this kind of limitation to be caused by Pocket Navigator but I am aware of other people running the same version on other PDA hardware who do not experience the same problem. (Memory map version 5.1.3 build 716).

Before loading I have manually deleted all additional icons from Memory-Map on the PC and erased the overlay and backup overlay files from the PDA. I would normally expect this kind of limitation to be caused by Pocket Navigator but I am aware of other people running the same version on other PDA hardware who do not experience the same problem. (Memory map version 5.1.3 build 716).

Interesting... What version of Pocket PC are you running?

Jon.