Lordelph's Lovely Icons

lordelph

The icon zipfile has been updated to include some extra icons designed by dakar4x4 (see image in first post of this thread for details). I also added a link in the README file to the excellent guide to using these with GSAK available at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bcmoore/New%20Icons%20Guide/

Finally got these back up and running using the guide (which must be idiot proof if I can do it!!). Thanks to all those involved......

Guess what- I'm stuck again :laughing:

I tried to get the new extra icons working, but even after editing the "icons" macro, to specify to use "parking_sign" instead of "car" etc, it doesn't work. They still show as cars, trailheads are still camps, stages of multi are still blue dots, etc. I've tried deleting all the custom icons in memorymap before importing the waypoints, and I've tried adding the new icons to mm first, all to no avail. :huh:

The "old" lordelph icons still work fine :laughing:

Any help for a fool?

I tried to get the new extra icons working, but even after editing the "icons" macro, to specify to use "parking_sign" instead of "car" etc, it doesn't work. They still show as cars, trailheads are still camps, stages of multi are still blue dots, etc. I've tried deleting all the custom icons in memorymap before importing the waypoints, and I've tried adding the new icons to mm first, all to no avail. :huh:

The "old" lordelph icons still work fine :laughing:

Any help for a fool?

Hmm... can you confirm you have also added the additional icons to your "memory.txt" lookup file in the main GSAK directory also? If you have and it still does not work, you may, if you wish, mail me copies of your icon.txt and memory.txt I will check them for you.

Cheers

J

dakar4x4@yahoo.com

I tried to get the new extra icons working, but even after editing the "icons" macro, to specify to use "parking_sign" instead of "car" etc, it doesn't work. They still show as cars, trailheads are still camps, stages of multi are still blue dots, etc. I've tried deleting all the custom icons in memorymap before importing the waypoints, and I've tried adding the new icons to mm first, all to no avail. :)

The "old" lordelph icons still work fine :D

Any help for a fool?

Hmm... can you confirm you have also added the additional icons to your "memory.txt" lookup file in the main GSAK directory also? If you have and it still does not work, you may, if you wish, mail me copies of your icon.txt and memory.txt I will check them for you.

Cheers

J

dakar4x4@yahoo.com

Thanks for the offer, e-mail sent, I hope I'm not being a complete idiot (but it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary if I am :o )

I think I can see the problem... the micro text is above the Motorway Mayhem text in the icon.txt file, so the macro reads a traditional cache, with size as micro then it assigns the micro icon, then moves on to check for MM caches.

Now, if I swapped them around, would that list the MM caches with the MM icon?

I think I can see the problem... the micro text is above the Motorway Mayhem text in the icon.txt file, so the macro reads a traditional cache, with size as micro then it assigns the micro icon, then moves on to check for MM caches.

Now, if I swapped them around, would that list the MM caches with the MM icon?

Yup, in fact that's the way I have mine configured, I check for Motorway Mayhem first: -

# if this is a Traditional Cache and labelled as a Motorway 
# Mayhem cache assign MM icon name
if not(at("MOTORWAY MAYHEM", upper($d_Name)) = 0) and $wCacheType = "Traditional"
$wCacheType = "MM"
endif

# if this is a Traditional cache in a Micro container assign
# special micro icon, if it is a Motorway Mayhem it will retain
# it's custom icon as the wCacheType is set above to MM and is
# no longer Traditional
if $d_Container = "Micro" and $wCacheType = "Traditional"
$wCacheType = "Micro"
endif

Additional, if the Motorway Mayhem is not a Traditional or Letterbox then it does not get the MM icon as it was thought that Puzzle or Multi Motorway Mayhems are not cache and dash and so no flagged as such.

Cheers

J

Nooo! The later a check in this macro, the greater priority it has.

In dakar4x4's example, Micros have higher priority than any type of Motorway Mayhem.

This is what the default macro does this:

Assign the icon as cache type

If traditional micro, overwrite assigned icon as a micro

If traditional or letterbox cache contains the name Motorway Mayhem (any case), overwrite assigned icon as Motorway Mayhem

If waypoint begins with TP, overwrite assigned icon as Trigpoint

If found, unavailable or owned, (owned has highest priority) or has bug, assign these as required.

(If a child waypoint, do other stuff completely)

A list of the caches (waypoint name) that are causing troubles will narrow down the issue.

Nooo! The later a check in this macro, the greater priority it has.

If traditional micro, overwrite assigned icon as a micro

If traditional or letterbox cache contains the name Motorway Mayhem (any case), overwrite assigned icon as Motorway Mayhem

R U Sure?

In the icons.txt: -

If the Cachetype was a "Traditional" and "Motorway Mayhem" appears in the text then the cachetype is overridden as "Micro", at that point you'll never satisfy the if Cachetype is "Traditional" or "Letterbox" as part of the MM icon check routine?

J

Two caches as an example are my M56 J6 caches, Part 1 and Part 2.

Part 1 is listed as a small, and has the MM Icon

Part 2 is listed as a micro, and has the Micro Icon

Which is why I made the assumption that the order in the icon.txt file needed swapping...

Which is why I made the assumption that the order in the icon.txt file needed swapping...

And when you try: -

# And another for Motorway Mayhem caches
If not(at("MOTORWAY MAYHEM", upper($d_Name)) = 0)
if $cacheType = "Traditional" OR $cacheType = "Letterbox"
$cacheType = "MM"
EndIf
EndIf

# Use a special icon for micros
If $d_Container = "Micro" AND $cacheType = "Traditional"
$cacheType = "Micro"
EndIf

You'll get MM icons for both, providing both are Traditional or Letterbox caches.

J

R U Sure?

In the icons.txt: -

If the Cachetype was a "Traditional" and "Motorway Mayhem" appears in the text then the cachetype is overridden as "Micro", at that point you'll never satisfy the if Cachetype is "Traditional" or "Letterbox" as part of the MM icon check routine?

Oops, let me kick myself now, I should check the conditions of the if statements fully before posting. :D:D But, generally, the later the statement, the greater priority. I'll just tweak the conditions a little, if not mystery should do?

This is the second time I've posted before fully checking the facts. I apologise.

Edit: Uploaded a new zip with the corrected logic. (here)

Edited by Edgemaster

And when you try: -

...snip...

You'll get MM icons for both, providing both are Traditional or Letterbox caches.

J

Yes, it worked for me, I was just running the export again when you replied.

:D:D:D

Thanks

Matt

Yes, it worked for me, I was just running the export again when you replied.

:(:):mad:

Thanks

Matt

Edgemaster specifically made the script modular so we can swap bits around like this, as for some people who have a Micro Fetish :( would prefer to know it's a Micro in preference to a Motorway Mayhem :mad:

J

Next question, I'd like to use a custom icon for A-Road Anarchy caches... something like this:

c1da5b21-14fe-4cb1-a310-bab18798954c.jpg

I added a line in the Memory.txt file for each of the images (found, not found, bugs... etc, etc, etc...) and then copied the MM line in the icons text and edited it for A-Road. However it gave me an error stating something about command line 132 and 17 but lists as 16... Made no sense to me!

Any ideas for a techno numpty?

EDIT

Forgot to add, I've made the icons for found, not found, owned and unavailable, all with bug or no bug option as well...

Edited by badger

Next question, I'd like to use a custom icon for A-Road Anarchy caches... something like this:

c1da5b21-14fe-4cb1-a310-bab18798954c.jpg

I added a line in the Memory.txt file for each of the images (found, not found, bugs... etc, etc, etc...) and then copied the MM line in the icons text and edited it for A-Road. However it gave me an error stating something about command line 132 and 17 but lists as 16... Made no sense to me!

Any ideas for a techno numpty?

Can you send your icons.txt and memory.txt over and I'll take a quick look.... my email is dakar4x4@yahoo.com

J

Hi there, I have stayed with V6 of GSAK as I can get the custom export to work fine with icons that link to the HTML files. When I have tried to use V7 with MM5 I can get the icons fine, and the HTML files but I can't get them to link either on the PC or the PDA (HP ipaq). I assume I need to let the MM export know where to find the cache store as I did with the old custom export, I just can't find where this is located. Cheers Mark (MaxKim)

I have now managed to get the link to work to the cache folder on the PC (C:\SD Card\cache) but the link does not work on the PDA. Every thing else is now fine. Cheers Mark

Using the MM export in GSAK 7 I use one of these scripts in the Links box:

\Storage Card\Cache\%code.htm

when I've created the HTML file and transferred it to the storage card (in a folder called Cache).

\cmate:%code

When I have use Cachemate and have created a GPX file and transferred that into Cachemate.

Chris

Oooo! I've gone and installed these today for the first time. When your car is in for repairs and you can't go caching - you do the next best thing. Cache map checking! These icons have helped enormously and followed the easy pips instructions on Easy Pips Instructions

Many thanks to everyone who done the relevant macros and the development of the icons. Much appreciated.

Edited for fat typo fingers.

Edited by scottpa100

Just FYI, I've just uploaded v1.0.7 of the macro, which finally handles child waypoint icons by default, and also YOSM trigpoints. (Any entry with an ID prefixed by YSM)

Not important changes, so it doesn't matter if you leave things are they are.

Linky

My child waypoints appear as traditional cache icons- any idea how I change this?

Just got these luverly Icons working with much help from purple_pineapple, thanks Dave.

Something others might like to consider, that I've not seen on this thread, and is probably unusual - my PC's hard drive isn't C:\, its I:\. p_p spotted it, and after a little editing of Edgemasters "descriptionhack" and "memory" files all was fine.

No idea why my H/D is I:\, I've only got the one, except that it defaulted to that when I first started the machine, it's worked ok for 18 months without a hitch.

Thanks lordelph, Edgemaster, bcnorwich and Purple_Pineapple - now lets go paperless!

L&H

My child waypoints appear as traditional cache icons- any idea how I change this?

Hello Pieman,

Did you get your problem fixed? If not...

Open up the CSV file that you created to import into Memory Map. You should be able to work out from that whether or not child waypoints with different symbols were created. If they are not there then the problem is with the waypoint generation, one of the files used is bad.

If they are there then the problem is with MM. Delete all the Icons in MM and try the import again.

Regards

Bernard

Hello Pieman,

Did you get your problem fixed? If not...

Open up the CSV file that you created to import into Memory Map. You should be able to work out from that whether or not child waypoints with different symbols were created. If they are not there then the problem is with the waypoint generation, one of the files used is bad.

If they are there then the problem is with MM. Delete all the Icons in MM and try the import again.

Regards

Bernard

The csv file has assigned the trad symbol to waypoints. I am using an early version of the icons- were they updated to include a waypoint image?

Edited by Pieman

Hello Pieman

The csv file has assigned the trad symbol to waypoints. I am using an early version of the icons- were they updated to include a waypoint image?

In that case the problem is most likely in one of the files used to ultimately create the csv file.

When this thread was bumped it prompted me to update my setup to include the newest icons. Which I have now done with only minimal bother, (nothing simple ever seems to go right). If I were you I'd start again with the latest files. I used the latest zip files from both lordelph and Edgemaster and I had to refer to my own guide to help. If you'd like to try again I'll try and help if it goes wrong, email me if you wish.

Regards

Bernard

Edited by bcnorwich

Just switched to this macro from Rooklku's one, in order to get the Additional Wayppoint icons...

All has worked well - exporting to MM on PC perfectly, syncing with PDA, and the icons on the PDA are linking through to cachemate files nicely.

Howevr, not all of the icons on PC MM are syncing with PDA MM. The Reference Point images are on both PC and PDA, but the Stages image is only on the PC, it shows up on PDA as the blue dot. Any ideas?

i thought the sync was automatic. Is MM on the PDA limited by the number of icons? In which case, Might I have to delete all the old ones of Roolku's?

cheers!

Dave

Hello Dave,

When ever Memory Map gets in a muddle it always reverts to blue dots. I suppose the good thing is you always get something.

Howevr, not all of the icons on PC MM are syncing with PDA MM. The Reference Point images are on both PC and PDA, but the Stages image is only on the PC, it shows up on PDA as the blue dot. Any ideas?

The only thing I can suggest is to delete the "old_userdata-Memory-Map-OS-5." and "userdata-Memory-Map-" from the device.

You won't do any harm in this as theses files are recreated when you export data to the device. If you worry about losing them copy them first.

Export the data to the device again and cross your fingers.

Regards

Bernard

Edited by bcnorwich

IIRC, deleting all the icons from the memory map (desktop software) and then resyincing works.

They'll get re-imported with the next csv import.

Pocket Navigator on the PDA supports a maximum of 75 Custom Icons, despite Memory Map on the PC supporting many more. If you try and push any more than that down to Pocket Nav, it will revert to using the default blue dot for the additional icons.

Jon

(edited as I can't count)

Edited by Dakar4x4

IIRC, deleting all the icons from the memory map (desktop software) and then resyincing works.

They'll get re-imported with the next csv import.

Pocket Navigator on the PDA supports a maximum of 75 Custom Icons, despite Memory Map on the PC supporting many more. If you try and push any more than that down to Pocket Nav, it will revert to using the default blue dot for the additional icons.

Jon

(edited as I can't count)

I had tried to delete all the custom icons in MM and, as it happens, I’ve just done a reinstall of Pocket Navigator as well (don’t know if this helped yet). I assume the MM built in icons are additional, or are they included in the 75 icons limit? Either way, I would have thought that 75 is enough – anyone know how many icons in LordElphs icon set?

Its not a major issue, as it only affects the minor child waypoints like Parking and Reference Point, so I can live without them. I’ll have another tinker at the weekend though, and see if my unwanted restore factory settings on the PDA helped (who said windows mobile latest versions didn’t need proper backup – thats twice mine has done a hard reset in the field and lost everything! Grrrr)

I had tried to delete all the custom icons in MM and, as it happens, I’ve just done a reinstall of Pocket Navigator as well (don’t know if this helped yet). I assume the MM built in icons are additional, or are they included in the 75 icons limit? Either way, I would have thought that 75 is enough – anyone know how many icons in LordElphs icon set?

Its not a major issue, as it only affects the minor child waypoints like Parking and Reference Point, so I can live without them. I’ll have another tinker at the weekend though, and see if my unwanted restore factory settings on the PDA helped (who said windows mobile latest versions didn’t need proper backup – thats twice mine has done a hard reset in the field and lost everything! Grrrr)

Correct, the 75 limit is purely for the CUSTOM icons, the built in ones are available on top of that, but you will have to alter the macro to choose some of these if required: -

#   Built in Memory Map icon names
#   ==============================
#   Dot			House		  Fuel		   Car		 
#   Fish		   Boat		   Anchor		 Wreck
#   Exit		   Skull		  Flag		   Camp
#   Man Overboard  Deer		   First Aid	  Trackback
#   Tiny dot	   Triangle	   Square		 Circle
#   Green buoy	 Red buoy	   Yellow buoy	Geocache

The current memory.txt file from Edgemaster has over 80 custom icons defined, which is perfectly fine for Memory Map on the PC, but if you intend to use this macro with Pocket navigator, you will get blue dots for the custom icons over 75 (which is mostly the child waypoint icons). I reduced the number of custom defined icons to 75 by cutting out the blank 'default' custom icons and the Trigs.

Jon.

<edited for spilling :D>

Edited by Dakar4x4

Works OK on the PC.

Exported map and icons over to PPC and get small blue dots..

Deleted the "old_userdata-Memory-Map-OS-5." and "userdata-Memory-Map-" files, and re-exported, still small blue dots.

(Any chance of putting the latest links to scripts and icons into one post? I'm never sure I have the latest with scrolling back and forth through three pages of posts!)

Also had to edit the TXT documents as I have GSAK not in the application folder! Was/is a known problem with M/S Vista!

G

Works OK on the PC.

Exported map and icons over to PPC and get small blue dots..

Deleted the "old_userdata-Memory-Map-OS-5." and "userdata-Memory-Map-" files, and re-exported, still small blue dots.

(Any chance of putting the latest links to scripts and icons into one post? I'm never sure I have the latest with scrolling back and forth through three pages of posts!)

Also had to edit the TXT documents as I have GSAK not in the application folder! Was/is a known problem with M/S Vista!

G

If you haven't heard by this evening, I'll e-mail you something over... I've edited the memory.txt file down substantially, and taken out all the icons indicating the presence of TBs, and also owned virtuals and webcams, as I don't own any and am not likely to now! If this is still OK for you, then let me know and I'll send you what I have!

My thanks to Dakar4x4 for this, as he provided me with his modified scripts, which included ranking MM icon above the micro icon, and then I edited it further as above!

Dave

Just a thought.

I like to see which caches have TB's in.

But I don't need to see caches that I have found -especially on the PPC- this is to be used 'out in the field' on the hunt for caches -Found's don't count! :unsure:

Could the list be shortened by missing out the Found caches?

(A bit like you missing out owned Virts and webcams as you don't own any)

G

Just a thought.

But I don't need to see caches that I have found -especially on the PPC- this is to be used 'out in the field' on the hunt for caches -Found's don't count! :unsure:

G

Filter out finds within GSAK is the solution

Just a thought.

G

I do, but the icons are still there in the folder, contributing to the number of icons in the limited number available for use.

Just a thought.

G

I do, but the icons are still there in the folder, contributing to the number of icons in the limited number available for use.

Never used Edgemaster's GSAK template, but I know Roolku's and that I have hacked out many icon's like Virtuals, Earthcaches et al with TB.

To delete icons, you need to remove them from MEMORY.TXT, their name and use is pretty obvious from their name. If you then filter them out from GSAK before exporting you'll be ok. I deleted all the Trigs and the blank default ones to get down to 75 custom icons. The other alternative is to use some of the built in Memory Map icons. Not at all as nice as LordElph's & Mine, but they are available at no overhead.

Jon.

Haven't we run out of icon "space" on the PDA now? Maybe a rethink is in order? I might change my macro to remove the TB set of icons which will make many more available, especially the Wherigo type which will be quite common compared to the other newer icons.

CITO, GPS Adventures and the Mega types could have their own icon I suppose, but in essence they're Events and are so infrequent that it will hardly matter.