Tourist tracks/walks

vitya

Hello fellow geocachers/hikers in Greece!

I am wondering if there is already a site where one can upload his/her tracklogs and can download tracklogs created/uploaded by others.

If such a site does not exist (for Greece anyway), I would like to put one together. Of course the new site would have many other features as well, mainly Greece specific.

This would be a good way of mapping the whole country (I am mostly talking about tourist tracks, not roads for cars).

Any thoughts on this subject is much appreciated.

vitya

ps:

Please post your replies in English as - although I have been living here for almost 2 years - I still can't understand everything in Greek - It's all Greek to me! :o

:laughing: I know a topic where you can up or down load tracks in Greece but it is only for mountain paths

the topic is www.hellaspath.gr

this is very interesting because i create my owen maps and it will very helpfull for me

i allready make the 30% of my home town Thessaloniki for garmin in .map format

:laughing: I know a topic where you can up or down load tracks in Greece but it is only for mountain paths

the topic is www.hellaspath.gr

this is very interesting because i create my owen maps and it will very helpfull for me

i allready make the 30% of my home town Thessaloniki for garmin in .map format

I checked out the site, and while I like its idea, I find it very poor in content, organization, and options.

What I have in mind is similar to it, but extended to the following:

-tracks, wapoints, routes downloadable in various formats

-tracks etc. are organized by and searchable by various properties

-descriptions/photographs for tracks etc.

-when multiple people upload similar tracks, a "master" track is formed

-visitors could rate the tracks etc.

-tracks etc. could be seen visually on a map.

-tracks etc. are not for only hiking, but waterways (rafting, boat trips), motoscross tours, even flight trips (for balloons, RC flights etc.)

-and a lot more :laughing:

-and of course, it would be priarily for Greece.

At the moment I am looking for ideas. And a bit later, I might start implementing it if I see there is enough interest/demand for it.

vitya

I am wondering if there is already a site where one can upload his/her tracklogs and can download tracklogs created/uploaded by others.

If such a site does not exist (for Greece anyway), I would like to put one together. Of course the new site would have many other features as well, mainly Greece specific.

This would be a good way of mapping the whole country (I am mostly talking about tourist tracks, not roads for cars).

vitya

ps:

Please post your replies in English as - although I have been living here for almost 2 years - I still can't understand everything in Greek - It's all Greek to me! :laughing:

To include the Greek Islands??

Dave

vitya

ps:

Please post your replies in English as - although I have been living here for almost 2 years - I still can't understand everything in Greek - It's all Greek to me! :rolleyes:

To include the Greek Islands??

Dave

Dave, that goes without saying! :)

vitya