paperless geocaching-PDA

Hikinghams

Have a Palm Z22 here, very nice little PDA, but the screen is sometimes hard to read in bright sunlight. The article on the Florida Geo Assoc sight is GREAT!!! It walks you step by step through the whole installation, setup, and first use of your pda. It is SOOO nice to have literally hundreds and hundreds of cache pages available to you, including notes, hints and past logs, while you are out 'in the field'. Paperless is the only way to go, IMHO!!! Since you are a premium member, all you need is a cheap pda, GSAK, and cachemate and you will be set!!!

Edited by team5150

I got an PDA Ipaq 3870 for $14 (picked it up from the trash in my office and replaced the battery). :)

It has Pocket PC 2003 installed. I'm currently working with GPX Sonar and Spoiler Sync (to get the pictures from the cache pages). That along with my PQ are just perfect. :)

I'm going to try CacheMate, too, altough GPX Sonar works fine.

caution....

Spoiler Synch scrapes the website for info not found in the GPX and is therefore a violation of the TOS (Terms of Service) - according to a recent thread anyway.

I got an PDA Ipaq 3870 for $14 (picked it up from the trash in my office and replaced the battery). :)

It has Pocket PC 2003 installed. I'm currently working with GPX Sonar and Spoiler Sync (to get the pictures from the cache pages). That along with my PQ are just perfect. :D

I'm going to try CacheMate, too, altough GPX Sonar works fine.

caution....

Spoiler Synch scrapes the website for info not found in the GPX and is therefore a violation of the TOS (Terms of Service) - according to a recent thread anyway.

I'm using it for some pictures (the ones with spoiler). I'm not scraping the site massively...