Takes a Licken' and Keep on Tickin'

egami

Ok, so I have dubious faction with my wife, at best, over my purchase of my new 60CSx. However, I quickly gained faction once we actually went geocaching with the kids a couple times, so that helped some. I am just one of those people that love technology...any kind really, but especially electronic toys like GPSr's.

So, anyway, I ride my bike to work in the summer (Suzuki Boulevard, not like mountain bike) and I decide this would be a great opportunity to play around. Ok, not really, but I need any excuse I can to play with our new toy. I head down the highway, GPS in my windbreaker pocket, and as I get about 12 miles down the road....IT'S GONE! Yeah, that's right, gone...out of my pocket.

I drive back home thinking maybe I'll spot it. It's early and not a ton of people out at 6:15 AM, but enough I start wondering if it's gone for good. I get all the way back home....no GPS. I hop on my bike and head back to work. Now the sun is up over the horizon shining in my eyes, fog is still hovering in low spots, moisture is collecting on my visor some and I just say a little prayer, but really deep down I am thinking it's gone. Low and behold....at 60 MPH, I spot it out of the corner of my eye on the gravel on the shoulder of the highway. It's scratched, but the glass over the screen is literally flawless...amazing, I know. And, yes, it still works like a charm.

And, yes, I am still married after the fact. (j/k, my wife is quite gracious even when I am a knuckle-head). ;)

That's the way how I lost my VistaCS. Well, not riding (my scooter) but walking from the parking lot to the apartment ... guess I made one neighbor really happy that day.

On the other hand ... it made me really happy too because I had an "excuse" to buy a 60CSx ... needed a replacement, didn't I? I love my wife, she is so "understanding" :o

Jan

On the other hand ... it made me really happy too because I had an "excuse" to buy a 60CSx ... needed a replacement, didn't I? I love my wife, she is so "understanding" :D

Jan,

I thought the same of my wife. She's always been very tolerant of all my TOY purchases. However, all the while she's been biding her time... One day recently she showed up with a very high-end electric piano, mixer board, high-end speaker/monitors, & recording unit. Ouch! My wallet is still weaping.

She said, "You've got your toys, I've got mine!" :) :)

I thought the same of my wife. She's always been very tolerant of all my TOY purchases. However, all the while she's been biding her time... One day recently she showed up with a very high-end electric piano, mixer board, high-end speaker/monitors, & recording unit. Ouch! My wallet is still weaping.

She said, "You've got your toys, I've got mine!" :):D

Uh-oh ... here we go ...

... at least you're even now because she spent money too! Weeping wallet ... pffft ... take it as a serious sign of love and affection that she doesn't want you to feel guilty any more :D:D

Or maybe she wanted that piano all the time, just waited patiently for the moment where you couldn't possibly say anything any more. Is it one of these outrageous expensive Yamaha E-Pianos that even emulate the full natural response of a real one? They are gorgeous and worth every single cent ... and you never have to get them tuned, you know?

Jan

Is it one of these outrageous expensive Yamaha E-Pianos that even emulate the full natural response of a real one? They are gorgeous and worth every single cent ... and you never have to get them tuned, you know?

Yup, it's one of those, a Roland. The thing is we already have a nice high-end Yamaha clavinova that sits in the same room. She uses that one for lessons and the Roland for personal use and performances outside of the house (more portable than the Yamaha). Her office looks like a small recording studio. :)

Edited by markp99