Civil War Coin Caches- Are there any others out there?

Ryder3 & Better Half

Those are cool, especially the coins. Would love to see something like that around here (just across from Philly along the Delaware River). I remember reading something a year or so ago regarding an Ironclad ship which i thought was the Monitor or the prototype or something that disappeared and they thought may be in a pile of mud in the river not far from me. That was a little while ago and i dont recall anything coming from it since. I go boating every weekend there on the summer. Pretty interesting stuff.

Jayman11

Those are cool, especially the coins. Would love to see something like that around here (just across from Philly along the Delaware River). I remember reading something a year or so ago regarding an Ironclad ship which i thought was the Monitor or the prototype or something that disappeared and they thought may be in a pile of mud in the river not far from me. That was a little while ago and i dont recall anything coming from it since. I go boating every weekend there on the summer. Pretty interesting stuff.

Jayman11

Actually it was the alligator jr. The prototype to the USS alligator. here's the article (http://www.rc-submarines.com/Alligator_Junior/id26.htm). I actually have my boat stored in that town. LOL. I will have to dig around there.

Just though it was kinda interesting. I think those ships are really amazing for that time.

I just sent out the coins for the Manassas cache, it should be up and running soon, as will the Vicksburg cache.

I still need some cachers to sign up to help me out on this project.

There is a real nice cache locally to where i go boating right on the delaware river and next to the Rancocas Creek. Would be glad to drop some in there if you would like. It is right by where I was talking about in the post about the Alligator Jr Ironclad having thought to be buried in mud. Or I could always pop in a nice cache in that area if you want. Let me know. PM me. Even closer to me is the Red Bank battle field which is a real nice park with some nice history on the civil war. I know there is one cache in there but not sure on the size.

Thanks,

Jayman11

Edited by jho135